Victoria's Secret model and Sports Illustrated swimsuit cover girl is in the swim.
By Madeleine Marr
Don't hate Marisa Miller because she's beautiful.
Hate her because of her underwear drawer.
"It's sick, " admits the Victoria's Secret swimsuit model. "I have a ridiculous amount of bikinis and bras."
Seriously though, the 29-year-old California native - who also graced the cover of the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue in February - is genuine, funny and cool. Someone you could grab a beer with. And we're not talking light beer.
How do you keep your great figure?
There's a misconception about swimsuit models. We actually do eat. You need your curves. It's not so much a skinny thing but more about being toned. I grew up eating healthy and clean. I box and surf and try to mix it up. Going to the gym can be pretty boring."
What do you think of today's superskinny models?
"I may be too curvy for high fashion. I'm actually encouraged to eat. I feel really sad when I see the whole eating disorder thing - even if you don't want to be a role model you're out in the public eye. At the same time, I think there are girls who are naturally thin. There's no way you could be living an unhealthy lifestyle and pull off this job. If I didn't eat, I'd pass out!"
Any good stories?
"We were doing [SI's] body painting pictures in Turks and Caicos. All of a sudden there's this torrential downpour. We literally had 10 minutes to shoot. The paint is waterproof, but still. We got some great stuff that day; some of the best pictures are kind of on accident."
Who's your inspiration?
"[Fellow VS model] Heidi Klum is a huge role model. She's a very happy person, and definitely knows how to balance her family with grace and style."
What's something people may not know about you?
"I'm pretty down to earth. In my private life [hubby is music producer Griffin Guess], I'm not an exhibitionist. I was really shy in high school so it's pretty funny this is my job now."
- Where to eat and what to do in Cauley Square
- For the Love of Frida Kahlo — and her Fashionista Ways
- Serpentine Style: Meet Python Handbag Designer Ximena Kavalekas
- 5 New Reasons to Visit Miami International Mall
- 11 Best Miami Beauty Salons
- New Botox and Filler Bar on Miami Beach Gives “Taking Shots” A Whole New Meaning
- Huge Sale at The Fontainebleau Soon!
- Breaking Beauty News: Two Drybar Locations to Open in Miami
- Everything You Need to Know About Microblading Your Brows in Miami
- 4 Miami Makeup Artists to Book