Margaret Cho: music star?
The former DWTS contestant dishes
Margaret Cho is Team Bristol but not Team Sarah. "I feel sorry for her," Cho, 42, said of Bristol Palin, via phone. "It's awful the way people talk about her body and her weight." The funny gal never pokes fun of a person's dress size because "it hurts." Cho and the younger Palin -- castmates on this season's Dancing With the Stars -- indulged in a blog war this week over comments the comedian made about the Palin matriarch. "I'm not critical of Bristol. It's her mother that I'm not a fan of," Cho says. ‘‘People need to remember that she doesn't support women's rights or gay rights. She would be a really bad choice for president."
Cho was in town to do her fave Palin cracks and other quips at the Fillmore Miami Beach. The Grammy-nominated star (for her music/comedy album Cho Dependent) even sings now too.
"Working on the album was a chal lenge. It took me about two years to learn how to play the guitar."
Overall, Cho is happy she did it, calling making the album a "rewarding'' experience, especially since she got to collaborate with such pals as Grant Lee Phillips, Ben Lee and Fiona Apple.
"I felt very safe [in the studio] and had a lot of people helping me. Everyone on the album is a good friend."
But don't expect Cho to quit her day job. "It's really wonderful to do things I like creatively, but I'm a comedian first, and I have to stay true to that."
On Our Radar
- Gloria Estefan to lead Q&A
- CSI Miami star Omar Miller talks Weekend Fix
- Dwyane Wade getting ready for A Night on the Runwade
- Mr. Olympia Phil Heath gives diet and exercise tips before the holidays
- Pharrell can't sell his Miami condo
- Supermodel Elle Macpherson at opening of Stripsteak
- Eric Trump marries in Palm Beach
- Miami actor Carlos Ponce stays busy
- Jersey Belle star Jaime Sullivan in Miami
- Shireen Sandoval named 'Deco Drive' cohost