Margaret Cho coming to West Palm Beach
Critically acclaimed comedian, Margaret Cho is set to return to the road this month for a string of dates in support of her brand-new stand up show bringing audiences her unflinching brand of comedy called MOTHER.
MOTHER offers up an untraditional look at motherhood and how we look at maternal figures and strong women in queer culture. It’s probably her edgiest show to date, filled with riotous observations on race, drugs, sexuality – gay-straight-everything in between, celebrity, culture, politics – nothing is sacred-least of all this MOTHER.
The cornerstone revolves around Cho’s long-suffering Korean mom and a staple of her shows, Seung-Hoon Cho.
“It’s great because I get to put a lot of emphasis on my own mother,” Cho explains. “My mother did not prepare me for the world. First - I was named the poetic korean name "moran" which was perfect for the kids at school to call me "moron" and set me up for a good quarter century of therapy. However, I can clean a fish with my bare hands. So there are pros and cons of being from an Asian immigrant family.”
She will be performing at the Kravitz Center on Sunday, January 27; http://www.margaretcho.com/category/blog
On Our Radar
- Giving advice on the modeling industry
- Maks Chmerkovskiy dancing into town
- Want to buy Scottie Pippen's house?
- Meet Jason Taylor at Macy's
- Popular TV anchor Louis Aguirre leaving Miami for Hollywood gig
- Diana Ross headlining annual gala
- Duran Duran movie coming to Miami Beach Cinematheque
- Tryouts for Estefan musical at Arsht
- Erasure kicks off its world tour at The Fillmore
- Bon Jovi rocker Tico Torres a SoBe fixture