Margaret Cho coming to West Palm Beach
Critically acclaimed comedian, Margaret Cho is set to return to the road this month for a string of dates in support of her brand-new stand up show bringing audiences her unflinching brand of comedy called MOTHER.
MOTHER offers up an untraditional look at motherhood and how we look at maternal figures and strong women in queer culture. It’s probably her edgiest show to date, filled with riotous observations on race, drugs, sexuality – gay-straight-everything in between, celebrity, culture, politics – nothing is sacred-least of all this MOTHER.
The cornerstone revolves around Cho’s long-suffering Korean mom and a staple of her shows, Seung-Hoon Cho.
“It’s great because I get to put a lot of emphasis on my own mother,” Cho explains. “My mother did not prepare me for the world. First - I was named the poetic korean name "moran" which was perfect for the kids at school to call me "moron" and set me up for a good quarter century of therapy. However, I can clean a fish with my bare hands. So there are pros and cons of being from an Asian immigrant family.”
She will be performing at the Kravitz Center on Sunday, January 27; http://www.margaretcho.com/category/blog
On Our Radar
- Kate Upton makes appearance at Express fashion event on Miami Beach
- Kardashians in Miami Beach, opening new store
- Telenovela hunk William Levy hits the big screen
- Local Bachelor Juan Pablo takes it slow
- Supermodel Nina Agdal to make in store appearance
- Rumor mill: Shakira switches brokers midstream
- Local cake makers get reality show, 'Divas del Azucar'
- Wilmer Valderrama will judge Calle Ocho fashion show
- John Turturro to be honored at MIFF
- Cadillac V-series Challenge puts pro golfers, VIPs on the fast track at Homestead-Miami Speedway