Margaret Cho: from comedy to music
Margaret Cho is Team Bristol but not Team Sarah. ``I feel sorry for her,'' Cho, 42, said of Bristol Palin, via phone. ``It's awful the way people talk about her body and her weight.''
Margaret Cho is Team Bristol but not Team Sarah.
The funny gal never pokes fun of a person's dress size because ``it hurts.''
Cho and the younger Palin -- castmates on this season's Dancing With the Stars -- indulged in a blog war this week over comments the comedian made about the Palin matriarch.
``I'm not critical of Bristol. It's her mother that I'm not a fan of,'' Cho says. ``People need to remember that she doesn't support women's rights or gay rights. She would be a really bad choice for president.''
On Saturday, Cho will perform some of her fave Palin cracks and other quips at the Fillmore Miami Beach.
The Grammy-nominated star (for her music/comedy album Cho Dependent) might even sing a song or two.
``Working on the album was a challenge. It took me about two years to learn how to play the guitar.''
Overall, Cho is happy she did it, calling making the album a ``rewarding'' experience, especially since she got to collaborate with such pals as Grant Lee Phillips, Ben Lee and Fiona Apple.
``I felt very safe [in the studio] and had a lot of people helping me. Everyone on the album is a good friend.''
But don't expect Cho to quit her day job.
``It's really wonderful to do things I like creatively, but I'm a comedian first, and I have to stay true to that.''
-- MICAELA HOOD
Margaret Cho, 8 p.m.; Fillmore Miami Beach; www.ticketmaster.com.
On Our Radar
- Barbara Streisand coming to Miami area before the holidays
- Moet bottle made just for Miami champagne lovers
- Khloe Kardashian shows off her new boyfriend in Miami
- Kim Kardashian's midnight tanning session in Miami
- 'Selma' star David Oyelowo in Miami
- Donald Trump and Kanye West to Cause Traffic Kerfuffle in Miami
- Vogue with Madonna at Art Basel
- Kourtney Kardashian in Miami with Scott Disick
- Kanye West's five weirdest (and greatest) stories of 2016 (so far)
- Magic Mike style show coming to Miami