March Means Happy Hour
March means margaritas, martinis & mozzarella balls
March in Miami means many things – freakish lingering cold, college basketball mania and an onslaught of happy hour deals. Apparently ‘tis the season for discounted drinks – all good news – here are details…
- Gables Italian newcomer and Il Grissino is giving happy hour an Italian twist. Which as far as we can tell means free food – Salute! From 5-7pm Monday through Friday dip into beer and wine specials and feast for free on some of the most appealing bar snacks we’ve come across - wood-fired pizza bites, house-made grissini, house-cured olives, salami & fresh bocconcini (mini mozzarella balls). More of a martini lunch girl? Hit the space for lunch during the week and drop $13 on a two-course (entrée and dessert) special that should leave plenty of cash for the slush fund.
- New kid of the Mexican block, El Scorpion, says ole to happy hour with Taco Tuesdays. Every Tuesday from 7:30-11pm, dig into $1 mini tacos and $9 ceviche specials while sipping (or slurping) 2 for 1 house margaritas and $5 shots of Cuervo 1800.
- It’s a bit more early bird special than happy hour, but Philppe’s new Thursday night prix fixe menu comes with its own party. Dine on an appetizer, entrée, dessert and coffee or tea for $40 then stick around for the restaurant’s recently launched party, thrown in partnership with 944 Magazine and Tai Entertainment.
- Surf and turf meets happy hour courtesy of Steak 954’s new Sunset Menu. From 2:30-5:3pm every day enjoy cocktail specials and light bites like big eye tuna tacos, mini BLTs, lobster & crab coconut ceviche, dry aged sliders and truffle French fries.
- Close out the week poolside at the Mandarin Oriental’s Tapas on the Bay. From 6-11pm every Friday sip signature cocktails (we’ve got our eye on the spring blossom ginger mojito) starting at $14 and nibble on tapas including a trio of kobe sliders, Peruvian style corvine ceviche, soppresata and brie paninni and shrimp a la plancha.
- Harry's Pizzeria by Michael Schwartz opens Wednesday in Coconut Grove
- The List: Miami's best foods with chef Bernie Matz
- Miami chef Cindy Hutson to be honored Oct. 10
- LIV nightclub founder David Grutman to open Komodo restaurant in Brickell
- New TiramesU restaurant opening Oct. 6 in South Beach
- Chef Jeremiah's Pork Is Good festival returns to Wynwood in November
- Chefs leave top kitchen posts at Miami Beach restaurants Seagrape, Michael Mina 74
- The List: Miami's 10 best foods, according to Stripsteak's Derrick Roberts
- Change is on the menu at Michael Schwartz's The Cypress Room in Miami
- Spanish food market to pop up at Bayfront Park