MAM Closing Party BBQ
Miami Art Museum hosts a party to bid adieu to its old home and look ahead to its new digs as the Perez Art Museum.
On the eve of the Miami Art Museum shuttering its old location for its newer, fancier digs at the Pérez Art Museum Miami off of Biscayne Bay, from 7-10 p.m. Saturday MAM hosts a Closing Party on the Cultural Center Plaza (101 W. Flagler St., Miami) as a final send off. Entertainment will be curated by the end, a nomadic artist project in the closing exhibition, New Work Miami 2013 which will be open during the event (New Work Miami includes the photo here by Gideon Barnett, Identity Festival Attendees at Biscayne Boulevard and NE 2nd Street, 4:45:32 PM to 4:45:51 PM, 4 August, 2012, 2012) Music will be provided by Hot 97 DJs and catering by Sparky’s Roadside BBQ. $10 non-members, members free.
See and Do
- Turkey trots, holiday parades & airport survival: Munchkin Fun's top picks for Thanksgiving week
- Broward presents a revamped 'Phantom of the Opera'
- Marvel Universe LIVE! superheroes and villains invade South Florida this weekend
- Alliance Theatre Lab’s 'The Originals' presents solo shows
- FUNDarte’s ‘Writing in Sand’ looks at Miami’s migrant women
- Freebie fun, Thanksgiving parties & Book Fair tips: Munchkin Fun's top picks for Nov 17-21
- Mike Birbiglia, the master of long-form levity, heads to the Arsht Center on Nov. 20
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Nov. 14-16
- ‘This American Life’ creator Ira Glass does mash-up with modern dancers to open Book Fair
- Book Fair fun, freebies & parades: Munchkin Fun's top picks for the week