MAM Closing Party BBQ
Miami Art Museum hosts a party to bid adieu to its old home and look ahead to its new digs as the Perez Art Museum.
On the eve of the Miami Art Museum shuttering its old location for its newer, fancier digs at the Pérez Art Museum Miami off of Biscayne Bay, from 7-10 p.m. Saturday MAM hosts a Closing Party on the Cultural Center Plaza (101 W. Flagler St., Miami) as a final send off. Entertainment will be curated by the end, a nomadic artist project in the closing exhibition, New Work Miami 2013 which will be open during the event (New Work Miami includes the photo here by Gideon Barnett, Identity Festival Attendees at Biscayne Boulevard and NE 2nd Street, 4:45:32 PM to 4:45:51 PM, 4 August, 2012, 2012) Music will be provided by Hot 97 DJs and catering by Sparky’s Roadside BBQ. $10 non-members, members free.
See and Do
- Regent Cocktail Club in Miami Beach teams up with Bookleggers Mobile Library for cocktail night
- Frost Museum to hold its inaugural Science Art Cinema event
- Mad Cat’s ‘Lazy Fair’ at Miami Theater Center reunites partners in crime
- 15 things to do with the kids in Miami Aug 24-30: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- PAMM Third Thursdays: Poplife Social featuring Million Young
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Aug. 21-23
- Munchkin Fun's top picks for family fun Aug 17-23
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Aug. 14-16
- "Weird Al" Yankovic brings his masterful musical parody to South Florida
- 'Cirque du soleil: Varekai' heads to South Florida to weave a personal story with classic myth