Makoto hosts five-course sake dinner May 19
Fire and Ice oysters, hamachi pastrami air bread and robata grilled Kobe.
Drink with the pros Monday, May 19, as sake expert John Gauntner co-hosts a five-course sake dinner at Makoto.
Gauntner is the world's only non-Japanese certified Master of Sake Tasting. He'll walk diners through five courses featuring Fire & Ice oysters, duck tskemen noodles and hamachi pastrami air bread.
Seatings are available at 6:30, 7 and 7:30 p.m. (limited to 20 people per seating). $100 a person.
Makoto sake dinner
9700 Collins Ave, Bal Harbour
- Where to eat great food, drink great wine and beer — and raise money
- Why the Hungry Black Man makes juice bar his pick of the week
- What this 'hungry black man' did after a 'dining while black' experience
- Taste Chinese, Mexican and Japanese in one bite — for one night only
- A vegetarian gastropub? It's coming to (where else?) South Beach
- Where you can taste a prize-winning doughnut in Miami
- These are Miami's most popular brunch spots, says Yelp
- Pollo Tropical wants you to cheat — on your chicken
- Three perfect words: Free chocolate croissants
- Burgers and beer in Brickell on National Cheeseburger Day