Meet Leslie Munsell. She's the face behind the cool, new beauty line called Beauty for Real.
Pop quiz: What do Venus and Serena Williams, Shakira, Victoria Secret models Marisa Miller and Miranda Kerr, Sports Illustrated cover girl Brooklyn Decker, D-Wade and Alex Rodriguez have in common?
Answer: All have received the magical makeup touch of artist Leslie Munsell.
The Miamian-by-way-of-Minnesota is the co-owner of Miami Beach’s Van Michael Miami Salon and the face behind the intrepid Beauty for Real makeup line. We chatted up the beauty guru and got the 411 on her get-gorgeous collection and more.
What is the best makeup advice you can give us? Be conﬁdent with your own beauty. There is nothing more beautiful than a conﬁdent woman.
What is the biggest no-no when it comes to doing one's own makeup? Being a make up fashion victim. Updated, classic beauty is the way to go.
What should every woman's makeup drawer have? A great mascara, good eye cream, concealer and an assortment of lip products. I personally love glosses.
What is Spring's biggest makeup trend? We are seeing more color on the face, bright shadows and lips. Wearing one or the other can be fun.
In terms of makeup, what items should every woman carry in their handbag? A mirror for touch ups and tooth checks after eating, and a gloss to reapply. With my See the Light Illuminating Lip Gloss you have both of those and a light too!
How did Beauty for Real come about? I worked on product development with Aveda for years and I’ve always loved creating new products.
What makes Beauty for Real so special? We are incorporating new technology in our packaging and formulations to simplify and enhance women’s lives. It’s smart, functional and fun all at the same time.
If you weren't a makeup artist or salon owner, what would you be? A horse trainer. It’s what I ﬁrst went to college for.
Shoe: Prada, Mui Mui, Gucci, Roger Vivier for low mileage days, Converse and Marc Jacobs ﬂip-ﬂops for high mileage days
Handbag: Givenchy, Marnie, Balenciaga
Television Show: Weeds, Californication and In Treatment
Gadget: Gotta love that iPhone
Magazine: W, Vogue, Numero and Dressage Today
Web site: Weather.com (for checking weather when packing for trips!)
Beauty for Real is sold locally at Cream on Sunset, Brownes & Co. on Lincoln and the Design District, Base at the Delano and online at Beautyforreal.com
- 5 Things You Need to Know About the New Givenchy Store at Aventura Mall
- What is actually trending in swimwear for 2016?
- Summer Get-Fit Tips by Miami’s Celebrity Trainer
- Preserve your pretty in spite of Miami's hot summer sun
- Knock-Off Handbags are Aplenty in Miami — But the Real Deal is Always Better
- Prepare to be blown away! Blo Aventura Blow Dry Bar to Open
- Celebrities Love Makeup Artist Charlotte Tilbury. Find Out Why!
- 5 Summer Skin Tips from Miami’s Best-Kept Secret — Dr. Leonard Tachmes
- 9 favorite looks from Sunday's Miami Swim Week shows
- 9 favorite looks from Saturday's Miami Swim Week shows