Get your game face on – RA Sushi hosts its annual sushi-eating contest Sat, April 9
Get your game face on – RA Sushi is hosting its third annual sushi-eating contest Saturday, April 9. Organized like a bracket system, the annual contest is open to amateurs & professionals and takes place in rounds & heats. For the first three rounds, competitors will race to eat two uncut tootsy maki rolls (crab mix, shrimp, cucumber & tempura bits). The final six will compete in the sushi showdown – eat as many tootsy maki as they can in three minutes. The grand prize wined wins 12 $50 RA Sushi gift certificates, second place a $100 gift certificate, third place a $50 gift certificate and fourth place a $25 gift certificate. All participants will receive a RA Sushi sweatband or t-shirt. Apply today in person or via Facebook – deadline is April 8 and the contest is limited to 40 participants. Observers can enjoy food & drink specials throughout the competition.
Saturday, April 9, 6pm-close
5829 SW 73 St, South Miami
- President Hello Kitty? She's got cookies to convince you
- South Beach Seafood Festival 2016 highlights top seafood chefs, restaurants
- Get yours: stone crab season starts Saturday
- Is this the best black-owned food truck in South Florida?
- Food just got a lot better at Heat's American Airlines Arena
- Luke's Diner will be a real place Wednesday. Here's where to get free coffee:
- Poke, not sushi, is what's cool in Miami. Yelp helps us find it
- What Zika? Governor visits Wynwood to promote dining event
- Where to eat great food, drink great wine and beer — and raise money
- Why the Hungry Black Man makes juice bar his pick of the week