Get your game face on – RA Sushi hosts its annual sushi-eating contest Sat, April 9
Get your game face on – RA Sushi is hosting its third annual sushi-eating contest Saturday, April 9. Organized like a bracket system, the annual contest is open to amateurs & professionals and takes place in rounds & heats. For the first three rounds, competitors will race to eat two uncut tootsy maki rolls (crab mix, shrimp, cucumber & tempura bits). The final six will compete in the sushi showdown – eat as many tootsy maki as they can in three minutes. The grand prize wined wins 12 $50 RA Sushi gift certificates, second place a $100 gift certificate, third place a $50 gift certificate and fourth place a $25 gift certificate. All participants will receive a RA Sushi sweatband or t-shirt. Apply today in person or via Facebook – deadline is April 8 and the contest is limited to 40 participants. Observers can enjoy food & drink specials throughout the competition.
Saturday, April 9, 6pm-close
5829 SW 73 St, South Miami
- Zak the Baker closed, reopens Friday
- "Celebrity" status won't get you into Eating House's sold-out 4/20 dinner
- 10 New Restaurants Coming Soon to Downtown Doral
- Game of Thrones-inspired dishes at Beaker & Gray
- O, Miami poetry shows up in local food
- Two for one: Barley chef to open pizza pop up in Dadeland
- Balans restaurant owner found dead
- Which Miami seafood chef won last weekend's pork cooking competition?
- New menu for Raleigh Hotel restaurant
- This Miami chef was named Food & Wine best new chef