Get your game face on – RA Sushi hosts its annual sushi-eating contest Sat, April 9
Saturday, April 9, 6pm-close
5829 SW 73 St, South Miami
Get your game face on – RA Sushi is hosting its third annual sushi-eating contest Saturday, April 9. Organized like a bracket system, the annual contest is open to amateurs & professionals and takes place in rounds & heats. For the first three rounds, competitors will race to eat two uncut tootsy maki rolls (crab mix, shrimp, cucumber & tempura bits). The final six will compete in the sushi showdown – eat as many tootsy maki as they can in three minutes. The grand prize wined wins 12 $50 RA Sushi gift certificates, second place a $100 gift certificate, third place a $50 gift certificate and fourth place a $25 gift certificate. All participants will receive a RA Sushi sweatband or t-shirt. Apply today in person or via Facebook – deadline is April 8 and the contest is limited to 40 participants. Observers can enjoy food & drink specials throughout the competition.
- Pubbelly goes vegan Oct 2
- Eat well & do good at OTC Sept 22
- Updated: Miami restaurant openings, closings and more
- Miami's Best Pizza to close after 44 years in Coral Gables
- Miami food to star on Bravo's 'Best New Restaurant'
- What's the Best? 5 Miami Coffee Shops
- Truffles and caviar on menu at Haven craft beer dinner in Miami Beach
- Interactive brunch benefits United Way of Miami-Dade
- Scott Conant of Scarpetta to open restaurant in Turnberry Isle in Aventura
- Zuma partners to open Tamarina restaurant in Miami