Get your game face on – RA Sushi hosts its annual sushi-eating contest Sat, April 9
Saturday, April 9, 6pm-close
5829 SW 73 St, South Miami
Get your game face on – RA Sushi is hosting its third annual sushi-eating contest Saturday, April 9. Organized like a bracket system, the annual contest is open to amateurs & professionals and takes place in rounds & heats. For the first three rounds, competitors will race to eat two uncut tootsy maki rolls (crab mix, shrimp, cucumber & tempura bits). The final six will compete in the sushi showdown – eat as many tootsy maki as they can in three minutes. The grand prize wined wins 12 $50 RA Sushi gift certificates, second place a $100 gift certificate, third place a $50 gift certificate and fourth place a $25 gift certificate. All participants will receive a RA Sushi sweatband or t-shirt. Apply today in person or via Facebook – deadline is April 8 and the contest is limited to 40 participants. Observers can enjoy food & drink specials throughout the competition.
- The List: Best food in Miami with Palme d'Or's Gregory Pugin
- Is Thomas Keller opening a restaurant in Miami?
- Azul names Benjamin Murray chef de cuisine
- La Moderna Italian restaurant and bar opens in Sunset Harbour
- Kids Eat Free July 1-31: Feast on Munchkin Eats
- Michael Schwartz to close Cayman Islands outpost of Michael's Genuine Food & Drink
- The Dutch's BBQ series returns July 1
- The List: 10 best bets for Father's Day dining in South Florida
- Macchialina team to open BaZi modern Asian restaurant in South Beach's Marlin Hotel
- Father's Day contest: Win Dad free steaks from The Forge, Quality Meats, Wolfgang's