Get your game face on – RA Sushi hosts its annual sushi-eating contest Sat, April 9
Saturday, April 9, 6pm-close
5829 SW 73 St, South Miami
Get your game face on – RA Sushi is hosting its third annual sushi-eating contest Saturday, April 9. Organized like a bracket system, the annual contest is open to amateurs & professionals and takes place in rounds & heats. For the first three rounds, competitors will race to eat two uncut tootsy maki rolls (crab mix, shrimp, cucumber & tempura bits). The final six will compete in the sushi showdown – eat as many tootsy maki as they can in three minutes. The grand prize wined wins 12 $50 RA Sushi gift certificates, second place a $100 gift certificate, third place a $50 gift certificate and fourth place a $25 gift certificate. All participants will receive a RA Sushi sweatband or t-shirt. Apply today in person or via Facebook – deadline is April 8 and the contest is limited to 40 participants. Observers can enjoy food & drink specials throughout the competition.
- The List: Miami's best eats with Piripi's Najat Kaanache
- Chefs named at new Miami restaurants Centro Taco, Laffa Mediterranean and Zest
- The List: Miami's best food with Sushi Maki's Abe Ng
- Miami's best burgers are getting fired up at Burger Brawl
- The List: Miami's best foods with Cantina La Veinte's Santiago Gómez
- La Embajada to open restaurant, coffee bar, music venue in Wynwood
- Tamarina hires exec chef from 'Best New Restaurant' winner Dolce
- Miami's most anticipated restaurants: Where are they now?
- Michelle Bernstein opens Cena by Michy in Miami's MiMo neighborhood
- Where to Treat Mom for Mother's Day