Makeup artist: New season, new colors
What's hot for when it's hot?
Lupita Nyong'o's got it. The It factor. The Oscar winning actress and People's Most Beautiful just shines, says Laura Mercier global makeup artist Alexis Orlando. We chatted about how to get Nyong'o's look and what trends to look out for when the weather gets super steamy (it's happening).
How should residents in tropical climates treat the spring/summer trends?
People should really take advantage of the trends and embrace the beautiful pops of color that are being shown. With that said, try to keep the trend simply stated, and focus on one feature at a time. Also, I advise my clients to stay away from creating too much texture; use one pop of color on the eyes graduating upward from the lash line.
What colors are you seeing?
Bold blues, greens, corals and pinks. These bright, bold colors are also being complemented with softer, more muted versions (think pastels).
What can you advise for the time pressed woman who wants to look great in a flash without much maintenance?
I recommend products that can give you the look of the trend, but can be done in using only one tool: your fingers.
Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colours ($26) are a quick way to get the trendy look you’re looking for with just one swipe. Try colors such as Mint Snow, Pink Opal and Sand Glow.
What celebrities are rocking a good beauty look right now?
The one that comes to mind when I think of spring trends is Lupita Nyong'o. Her skin is always fresh and glowing. She also always creates a focus on one feature at a time, whether it's a bright coral/orange lip and a nude eye or a more stated eye and a flesh tone lip.
On Our Radar
- Talking to Ana Maria in Novela Land star
- Chazz Palminteri tells his 'Bronx Tale'
- Athletes seen partying in Miami
- Is Miami Heat star Chris Bosh OK?
- Latin stars come together for Premios Lo Nuestro
- William Levy front and center at rum event
- Diana Nyad to re-create famous swim on stage
- Report: Rapper Vanilla Ice arrested
- Emeril Lagasse talks food, milestones and Florida
- Wyclef Jean, Barry Gibb among performers at Miami Beach centennial concert