Make some noise! STOMP coming to Arsht
Bang your head and feet and whatever body part you want. STOMP is making its rather noisy return to The Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts for one week only, December 4 – 9.
How do you explains STOMP? It's explosive, provocative, sophisticated, sexy, utterly unique and appeals to audiences of all ages. The international percussion sensation has garnered an armful of awards and rave reviews, and has appeared on numerous national television shows. The eight-member troupe uses everything but conventional percussion instruments – matchboxes, wooden poles, brooms, garbage cans, Zippo lighters, hubcaps – to fill the stage with serious rhythms. As USA Today says, “STOMP finds beautiful noises in the strangest places.”
See what all the noise is about; tickets start at $26; Ziff Ballet Opera House Adrienne Arsht Center 1300 Biscayne Boulevard, arshtcenter.org
On Our Radar
- Jennifer Lopez to perform free concert at Bayfront Park in support of Hillary Clinton
- Adele lends voice in support of Hillary Clinton in Miami
- Udonis Haslem opens Starbucks in Miami
- Which Miami neighborhood will be the next to be ‘Art-Washed’?
- Five reasons to not give up on the Miami Heat
- Larsa and Scottie Pippen to divorce after 19 years
- Boo Madea star Tyler Perry: I don't like Halloween
- Florida has better taste in Halloween candy than most other states, says survey
- Phil Collins: 'I don’t like Miami particularly'
- DJ Irie gets put in the hot seat this Saturday at his own celebrity roast