Magnum Restaurant and Lounge throws a Jazz Age party with pianist Bill Campbell and the 'Speakeasy Singers'
Pretend you're drinking bootleg booze at Magnum's one night only speakeasy Wednesday, July 2
Magnum Restaurant and Lounge, 709 NE 79th St., Miami, presents a Prohibition-era party Wednesday, July 2 with pianist Bill Campbell, whose grandparents were bootleggers, and his 13-member cast, the "Speakeasy Singers," as they perform classics by George Gershwin, Cole Porter, and Irving Berlin.
Magnum, which already evokes a slightly mysterious speakeasy vibe, will undergo a transformation to recreate this notorious time in history when bars were illegal. Expect authentic decor, costumes, and iconic 1920s drinks like Highballs, Sidecars, and Bacardi Cocktails.
Surprisingly, there's no password or cover to get in. Reservations, however, are highly recommended.
Magnum Restaurant and Lounge, 709 NE 79th St., Miami, 305-757-3368.
Bill Campbell presents 'Speakeasy' 7:30 - 11 p.m. Wednesday, July 2. Period attire preferred.
- Post-Thanksgiving events in Miami this week - Nov. 25-27
- What to do in Miami this weekend - Nov. 18-20
- DJ Paul van Dyk had to learn to walk again after falling from stage. Now, he's playing Miami
- Don't miss these concerts, festivals and events in Miami this weekend - Nov. 11-13
- How to drop $500K on New Year’s Eve in Miami without even trying
- New club in Miami hosts grand opening with performance by Bomba Estéreo
- DJ Le Spam teams up with the New World Symphony for Pulse
- Don't miss these weekend events in Miami - Nov. 4-6
- 12 events in Miami this weekend (that have nothing to do with Halloween) - Oct. 28-30
- Don't miss these events in Miami this weekend - Oct. 21-23