Magnum Restaurant and Lounge throws a Jazz Age party with pianist Bill Campbell and the 'Speakeasy Singers'
Pretend you're drinking bootleg booze at Magnum's one night only speakeasy Wednesday, July 2
Magnum Restaurant and Lounge, 709 NE 79th St., Miami, presents a Prohibition-era party Wednesday, July 2 with pianist Bill Campbell, whose grandparents were bootleggers, and his 13-member cast, the "Speakeasy Singers," as they perform classics by George Gershwin, Cole Porter, and Irving Berlin.
Magnum, which already evokes a slightly mysterious speakeasy vibe, will undergo a transformation to recreate this notorious time in history when bars were illegal. Expect authentic decor, costumes, and iconic 1920s drinks like Highballs, Sidecars, and Bacardi Cocktails.
Surprisingly, there's no password or cover to get in. Reservations, however, are highly recommended.
Magnum Restaurant and Lounge, 709 NE 79th St., Miami, 305-757-3368.
Bill Campbell presents 'Speakeasy' 7:30 - 11 p.m. Wednesday, July 2. Period attire preferred.
- 11 events in Miami to put on your weekend agenda - Aug. 26-28
- 11 can't-miss events in Miami this weekend - Aug. 19-21
- Miami's top 5 rooftop bars on Yelp
- 5 places to turn up on the cheap this weekend
- 13 events you can't miss in Miami this weekend - Aug. 12-14
- 11 events in Miami this weekend - Aug. 5-7
- Free Hatuey Style Cuban beer at this monthly series
- Discover the Miami.com Summer Wine List for 2016
- 11 events in Miami this weekend - July 29-31
- 5 places in Miami to celebrate National Tequila Day