Magnum Restaurant and Lounge throws a Jazz Age party with pianist Bill Campbell and the 'Speakeasy Singers'
Pretend you're drinking bootleg booze at Magnum's one night only speakeasy Wednesday, July 2
Magnum Restaurant and Lounge, 709 NE 79th St., Miami, 305-757-3368.
Bill Campbell presents 'Speakeasy' 7:30 - 11 p.m. Wednesday, July 2. Period attire preferred.
Magnum Restaurant and Lounge, 709 NE 79th St., Miami, presents a Prohibition-era party Wednesday, July 2 with pianist Bill Campbell, whose grandparents were bootleggers, and his 13-member cast, the "Speakeasy Singers," as they perform classics by George Gershwin, Cole Porter, and Irving Berlin.
Magnum, which already evokes a slightly mysterious speakeasy vibe, will undergo a transformation to recreate this notorious time in history when bars were illegal. Expect authentic decor, costumes, and iconic 1920s drinks like Highballs, Sidecars, and Bacardi Cocktails.
Surprisingly, there's no password or cover to get in. Reservations, however, are highly recommended.
- Go Drink This: Ginger Berry Smash
- Could this be the Best Happy Hour in Miami: EDGE Steak & Bar at the Four Seasons Miami
- Chocolate orgies, apres happy hours, Sunday suppers and late night brunches
- Go Drink This: Espumita Cocktail
- Go Drink This: Ortanique Bacardi Mojito
- Could this be the Best Happy Hour in Miami: Tongue & Cheek in Miami Beach
- Go Drink This: Bombay Sapphire Negroni
- Bodega, Brandt's Break, Baboons and Audrina Patridge bring on the scene
- Could this be the Best Happy Hour in Miami: Tamarina in Brickell
- Go Drink This: Passion Fruit Cilantro Caipirinha