Magic City actress talks about show ending
Andy Garcia's daughter
Hometown girl Dominik Garcia-Lorido is surely sad that Magic City is ending, but the 29-year-old daughter of screen legend Andy Garcia has a movie career to think about. “I’m going to miss getting to work in the morning and seeing all those faces,” she says of the locally shot Starz drama, whose season 2 finale (and last show ever) airs 9 p.m. Friday. “They’re like a second family to me. We’ve all been on this email chain expressing our feelings. I love them wholeheartedly — we’ve been through a lot together.” Her character has gone through a lot as well. “Mercy went very quickly from little girl to a woman, and that was fun to play."
On Our Radar
- 3 rare pre-embargo Cuban cigars to buy in Miami
- How to get the celebrity bikini body you crave
- Luis Guzman in Miami: Spanish is easier than French
- Miami artist Becky Rosa unveils massive public art installation at Wynwood gallery
- Antonio Banderas: I have an attachment to Miami
- Runway Reviews from Miami Fashion Week 2016
- Do you live in one of the most stressed out places in Florida?
- Gwen Stefani's having trouble selling tickets for tour
- Miami Fashion Week arrives with new celebs and a fresh vision
- 5 things to know about 2 Chainz