A new Italian showroom opens up in the Design District.
The lowdown: When something is made in Italy, the chichi factor automatically goes up 10 points. No lie. So allow us to introduce you to recently opened MAD initaly — a first-of-its-kind showroom. Specializing in interior design and home expressions crafted in — you guessed it — Italy, the store is the brainchild of Nadine Curmi Borgomanero and interior designer Fabrizio Cocchi.
“Italian style is not only embedded in our history and deep-rooted traditions, but apparent in our opulent interiors and finest quality of craftsmanship,” Borgomanero says.
The ‘hood: MAD initaly is fittingly located in the Design District — the fulcrum to one's furniture and interior designing needs.
The ambience: Think Italian chic. The 2,000 square foot space is dripping in drop-dead gorgeous home furnishing, accessories and art pieces. The showroom also operates as a gallery for contemporary works of art and photography including Italian artists Ventrone and Vittorio Gui.
Highlights: Browse a collection of well-curated decorative pillows, urns, frames, knickknacks, pottery, furniture, nostaligic kitsch and more. Bella!
The co-owner says: “MAD initaly aims to unveil the most precious secrets of our culture and history which is in most cases behind closed doors,” Borgomanero adds.
- New Sunglass Shop Opens in Wynwood
- Discover Finds, a New South Miami Accessory Boutique
- Market Man Opens in South Miami
- Kit and Ace to Open Soon
- Adrienne Bosh Brings Paris to Miami
- Suit up! There’s a New Menswear Mecca in Town
- Lilly Pulitzer Opens First Miami Store
- History Meets Home Décor at Bonnin Ashley
- Diane von Furstenberg Opens New Boutique
- Chic Fitness Brand ALALA Debuts at Six:02