Macy Gray ready to bring it to the Arsht Center
Macy Gray is coming to the 305! The two time Grammy and MTV Music Award winner will dazzle the crowds on Thursday night treating ears to that instantly recognizable sound with music that leaps from alternative rock, exuberant disco, and hip-hop to retro jazz, moody pop and experimental soul.
The R&B singer made the big time with her debut album, On How Life Is, in the late ‘90s. Since then, she's worked with a who’s who of music greats, including Justin Timberlake, Erykah Badu, Mos Def, and Natalie Cole. Macy's hit the big screen also, with songs featured in movies and TV soundtracks (Shrek the Third, Spiderman, “The Office”) as well as performances in such hits as For Colored Girls, the Denzel Washington hit Training Day, and the soon-to-be-released steamy Miami melodrama, The Paperboy, opposite Nicole Kidman, Matthew McConaughey, and Zac Efron, directed by the Oscar-nominated Lee Daniels (Precious).
Her latest album, Covered, is an artistic triumph— a stunning new collection of re-imagined covers drawn largely from hits by indie rock bands such as My Chemical Romance, Arcade Fire and Radiohead, but also including classics by The Eurythmics and Metallica.
Showtime is 8:30 p.m.; John S. and James L. Knight Concert Hall Adrienne Arsht Center; Tickets range from $35 to $100; a $100 ticket ensures premium seats, post-show meet-and-greet and photo with the artist.
On Our Radar
- Beyonce and Jay Z look and act like a couple in Miami
- 10 ways to prepare for the Beyonce concert
- Beyonce bringing post Lemonade drama to Miami
- Lil Kim looks a lot different in Miami
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West take Miami for wedding
- Andy Cohen pays tribute to Prince in Miami at Arsht gala
- Enrique Iglesias gets frank on Facebook
- Tia Mowry in Miami: Online bullying is not OK
- 2016 - The Year The Music Died - Bowie, Frey, Prince
- Prince’s best Miami moments from a nightlife insider