Macy Gray ready to bring it to the Arsht Center
Macy Gray is coming to the 305! The two time Grammy and MTV Music Award winner will dazzle the crowds on Thursday night treating ears to that instantly recognizable sound with music that leaps from alternative rock, exuberant disco, and hip-hop to retro jazz, moody pop and experimental soul.
The R&B singer made the big time with her debut album, On How Life Is, in the late ‘90s. Since then, she's worked with a who’s who of music greats, including Justin Timberlake, Erykah Badu, Mos Def, and Natalie Cole. Macy's hit the big screen also, with songs featured in movies and TV soundtracks (Shrek the Third, Spiderman, “The Office”) as well as performances in such hits as For Colored Girls, the Denzel Washington hit Training Day, and the soon-to-be-released steamy Miami melodrama, The Paperboy, opposite Nicole Kidman, Matthew McConaughey, and Zac Efron, directed by the Oscar-nominated Lee Daniels (Precious).
Her latest album, Covered, is an artistic triumph— a stunning new collection of re-imagined covers drawn largely from hits by indie rock bands such as My Chemical Romance, Arcade Fire and Radiohead, but also including classics by The Eurythmics and Metallica.
Showtime is 8:30 p.m.; John S. and James L. Knight Concert Hall Adrienne Arsht Center; Tickets range from $35 to $100; a $100 ticket ensures premium seats, post-show meet-and-greet and photo with the artist.
On Our Radar
- Mario Chalmers: It's going to be an exciting Miami Heat season
- Spied around Miami: ARod, Katy Perry's ex, Shaq
- Million Dollar Listing Miami in trouble?
- Dwayne "The Rock Johnson filming football show in Miami
- Sofia Vergara & Joe Mangianello continue romance-fest in Miami
- Maria Menounos talks new show, book and dieting
- Is Star Island losing its luster?
- Keith Richards' daughter Alexandra spins for crowd
- Models & bottles: Leonardo DiCaprio does Miami Beach
- The Rock literally battles it out in new movie Hercules