Macy Gray ready to bring it to the Arsht Center
Macy Gray is coming to the 305! The two time Grammy and MTV Music Award winner will dazzle the crowds on Thursday night treating ears to that instantly recognizable sound with music that leaps from alternative rock, exuberant disco, and hip-hop to retro jazz, moody pop and experimental soul.
The R&B singer made the big time with her debut album, On How Life Is, in the late ‘90s. Since then, she's worked with a who’s who of music greats, including Justin Timberlake, Erykah Badu, Mos Def, and Natalie Cole. Macy's hit the big screen also, with songs featured in movies and TV soundtracks (Shrek the Third, Spiderman, “The Office”) as well as performances in such hits as For Colored Girls, the Denzel Washington hit Training Day, and the soon-to-be-released steamy Miami melodrama, The Paperboy, opposite Nicole Kidman, Matthew McConaughey, and Zac Efron, directed by the Oscar-nominated Lee Daniels (Precious).
Her latest album, Covered, is an artistic triumph— a stunning new collection of re-imagined covers drawn largely from hits by indie rock bands such as My Chemical Romance, Arcade Fire and Radiohead, but also including classics by The Eurythmics and Metallica.
Showtime is 8:30 p.m.; John S. and James L. Knight Concert Hall Adrienne Arsht Center; Tickets range from $35 to $100; a $100 ticket ensures premium seats, post-show meet-and-greet and photo with the artist.
On Our Radar
- LeBron Voyage: A Fond Miami Farewell to LeBron James, a Legend Off the Court, Too
- Shark Tank investor swims into Miami
- Pampering event with celebrity stylist
- LeBron James to meet with Heat front office
- U.S. soccer players kick it at the Clevelander Hotel
- Warren Sapp tip flap
- Clevelander Hotel hosts homecoming party for U.S. soccer players Jozy Altidore, Damarcus Beasley and Fabian Johnson on Sunday
- Soccer star Alex Morgan gets her kicks in Miami Beach
- David Beckham H&M underwear ads released
- Want to be a movie star? Camp tells you how