Macklemore and Ryan Lewis to give free concert in Aventura
Duo performs this Saturday for customers as part of the grand opening of the new Microsoft store in Aventura Mall.
If you think that Apple has the patent on cool, think again. Microsoft is on a mission to refresh its image by pushing its own retail concept throughout the country. This Thursday (May 29) is the grand opening of the brand's fifth full line retail store in Florida, and the 93rd across the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico. To mark the occasion, they will not only be peddling their new tablets and products, but they will be passing out free tickets to a concert by hip-hop duo Macklemore & Ryan Lewis on Saturday, May 31.
To score the tickets, customers should arrive early to this Thursday's festivities (slated to begin at 10:30 a.m.). There they can also snag giveaways and watch as Panos Panay, Corporate VP for Microsoft Surface, drops $1 million in software grants to local community organizations like the United Way of Miami-Dade, The Arc of South Florida, Michael-Ann Russell Jewish Community Center and the Girl Scout Council of Florida.
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, the Seattle-based duo who took home the Grammy for Best Rap Album last January, will perform hits from their independently produced and distributed album "The Heist," which made a viral climb to No. 1 on iTunes upon it's October 2012 release. Their mega hits "Thrift Shop" and "Can't Hold Us" both peaked at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 and the music videos for both songs have gotten love on YouTube to the tune of a combined 700 million hits.
The group will be performing at the Surface Lot outside of Aventura Mall; gates open Saturday, May 31 at 11 a.m. Tickets are limited, so don't snooze.
Microsoft Store Grand Opening
10:30 a.m. Thursday
19575 Biscayne Blvd., Aventura
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Concert
11 a.m. Saturday, May 31
Surface Parking Lot at Aventura Mall
On Our Radar
- 3 rare pre-embargo Cuban cigars to buy in Miami
- How to get the celebrity bikini body you crave
- Luis Guzman in Miami: Spanish is easier than French
- Miami artist Becky Rosa unveils massive public art installation at Wynwood gallery
- Antonio Banderas: I have an attachment to Miami
- Runway Reviews from Miami Fashion Week 2016
- Do you live in one of the most stressed out places in Florida?
- Gwen Stefani's having trouble selling tickets for tour
- Miami Fashion Week arrives with new celebs and a fresh vision
- 5 things to know about 2 Chainz