Macchialina's Michael Pirolo presents Pirolo's Panino Pop-Up, June 4-Aug 31
Summer and lunch-only NY/Philly-inspired sandwich shop
Macchialina Taverna Rustica isn't taking the European way out of summer and slowing down or retreating to George Clooney's bachelor pad on Lake Como. Instead, owner/chef Michael Pirolo is opening for lunch as Pirolo's Panino, a summer and lunch only casual sandwich shop open Tuesday June 4 through August 31 from noon to 3 p.m. The fast, casual spot offers counter service and eventually delivery.
On the menu: various panini priced at $12 to $22 including the Banh Mi(lano) with testa, mortadella and Asian pickles; a sweet and succulent Lobster Roll with Maine lobster and celery on brioche; made in-house Roast Pork with broccoli raab, fontina cheese and Calabrian chilies; The Godfather – sopressata, capicola, pickled eggplant and shaved onion; Clipse… (Grinding) with house-made roast beef, tomato, horseradish crème fraiche and crispy shallots; Meatball Parmigiana; and the Jive Turkey with chef’s balsamic-glazed roasted turkey breast, lettuce, tomato and Dijon-aise.
Rotating guest chef sandwich specials from Miami locals including Pubbelly’s Jose Mendin, Eating House’s Giorgio Rapicavoli, Scarpetta’s Nina Compton and Tongue & Cheek’s Jamie DeRosa are also planned.
For lighter fare, there are salads such as the Summer Salad – escarole, pistachios, peaches, goat cheese and lemon vinaigrette; or The 305 – pancetta, butter lettuce, radicchio, hazelnuts, dried cranberries and sherry vinaigrette; as well as house-made pickles, waffle fries, cabbage slaw and roasted burnt-end potatoes. To wash it all down, they’ll have craft beers and vintage sodas and, eventually, custom beer, brewed to pair with the sandwiches, from Gravity Brewing in Wynwood.
- Morimoto South Beach opening October 1 and we have the menu!
- Top Chef Masters contestant Herb Wilson is executive chef of SoFi's forthcoming Red Ginger
- Michelle Bernstein to bring a little Crumb on Parchment to Miami Dolphins games
- Albert Trummer's Drawing Room Bar & Lounge to open at new Shelborne
- Seasalt & Pepper slammed with new lawsuits
- La Maison owes $12,922.69 in back rent
- Adria Alum opening Piripi in the Gables
- London's Coya opening on Brickell
- Unlimited tacos and beer for $18.21 debuts at Toro Toro
- New kitchen leadership at Bocce Bar