Macchialina's Michael Pirolo presents Pirolo's Panino Pop-Up, June 4-Aug 31
Summer and lunch-only NY/Philly-inspired sandwich shop
Macchialina Taverna Rustica isn't taking the European way out of summer and slowing down or retreating to George Clooney's bachelor pad on Lake Como. Instead, owner/chef Michael Pirolo is opening for lunch as Pirolo's Panino, a summer and lunch only casual sandwich shop open Tuesday June 4 through August 31 from noon to 3 p.m. The fast, casual spot offers counter service and eventually delivery.
On the menu: various panini priced at $12 to $22 including the Banh Mi(lano) with testa, mortadella and Asian pickles; a sweet and succulent Lobster Roll with Maine lobster and celery on brioche; made in-house Roast Pork with broccoli raab, fontina cheese and Calabrian chilies; The Godfather – sopressata, capicola, pickled eggplant and shaved onion; Clipse… (Grinding) with house-made roast beef, tomato, horseradish crème fraiche and crispy shallots; Meatball Parmigiana; and the Jive Turkey with chef’s balsamic-glazed roasted turkey breast, lettuce, tomato and Dijon-aise.
Rotating guest chef sandwich specials from Miami locals including Pubbelly’s Jose Mendin, Eating House’s Giorgio Rapicavoli, Scarpetta’s Nina Compton and Tongue & Cheek’s Jamie DeRosa are also planned.
For lighter fare, there are salads such as the Summer Salad – escarole, pistachios, peaches, goat cheese and lemon vinaigrette; or The 305 – pancetta, butter lettuce, radicchio, hazelnuts, dried cranberries and sherry vinaigrette; as well as house-made pickles, waffle fries, cabbage slaw and roasted burnt-end potatoes. To wash it all down, they’ll have craft beers and vintage sodas and, eventually, custom beer, brewed to pair with the sandwiches, from Gravity Brewing in Wynwood.
- Former Miami restaurant owner Joshua Woodward pleaded no contest Friday to attempted murder for trying to induce a miscarriage
- Jose Garces planning Miami restaurant
- Update: CANCELED Brooklyn's Pies 'n' Thighs pops up at the Mondrian
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz is out at the Raleigh Hotel on South Beach
- Raleigh on the sale rack and Restaurant Michael Schwartz out?
- Luther Campbell hosts dinner party at Mignonette on November 11
- Chef Jeremiah & Roel Alcudia team up on gastroDobo, a 1-night Filipino pop-up in Wynwood
- GK Bistronomie bringing 'globally inspired Peruvian' cuisine to Wynwood
- Habit Burger opens in Miami, donates first-week proceeds to charity
- 'Chopped' champ Mathias Gervais opening modern Asian restaurant at The Setai