Macchialina's Michael Pirolo presents Pirolo's Panino Pop-Up, June 4-Aug 31
Summer and lunch-only NY/Philly-inspired sandwich shop
Macchialina Taverna Rustica isn't taking the European way out of summer and slowing down or retreating to George Clooney's bachelor pad on Lake Como. Instead, owner/chef Michael Pirolo is opening for lunch as Pirolo's Panino, a summer and lunch only casual sandwich shop open Tuesday June 4 through August 31 from noon to 3 p.m. The fast, casual spot offers counter service and eventually delivery.
On the menu: various panini priced at $12 to $22 including the Banh Mi(lano) with testa, mortadella and Asian pickles; a sweet and succulent Lobster Roll with Maine lobster and celery on brioche; made in-house Roast Pork with broccoli raab, fontina cheese and Calabrian chilies; The Godfather – sopressata, capicola, pickled eggplant and shaved onion; Clipse… (Grinding) with house-made roast beef, tomato, horseradish crème fraiche and crispy shallots; Meatball Parmigiana; and the Jive Turkey with chef’s balsamic-glazed roasted turkey breast, lettuce, tomato and Dijon-aise.
Rotating guest chef sandwich specials from Miami locals including Pubbelly’s Jose Mendin, Eating House’s Giorgio Rapicavoli, Scarpetta’s Nina Compton and Tongue & Cheek’s Jamie DeRosa are also planned.
For lighter fare, there are salads such as the Summer Salad – escarole, pistachios, peaches, goat cheese and lemon vinaigrette; or The 305 – pancetta, butter lettuce, radicchio, hazelnuts, dried cranberries and sherry vinaigrette; as well as house-made pickles, waffle fries, cabbage slaw and roasted burnt-end potatoes. To wash it all down, they’ll have craft beers and vintage sodas and, eventually, custom beer, brewed to pair with the sandwiches, from Gravity Brewing in Wynwood.
803 Alton Rd.
- 5 last-minute Mother's Day brunches in Miami
- A night of dishing on Miami's culinary scene at Wynwood Yard
- Extra Ordinary: Vandy Vanderwarker of Charleston's The Ordinary shucking up at Mignonette in May
- Blue Collar restaurant hosting 2016 Matzo Chase - a scavenger hunt in Miami
- Richard Hales opening Bird & Bone Hot Chicken & Ribs at The Wynwood Yard
- Now Closed: The Oceanaire Seafood Room. Coming Soon to Mary Brickell Village: "Another Landry's concept"
- Norwegian DJ Kygo's just desserts at Komodo
- Top Chef Paul Qui of Faena Hotel's heralded Pao arrested for alleged drug-fueled assault on girlfriend
- Bachour Bakery + Bistro opening March 25 on Brickell
- High end Kaori by Walter Martino opening in Brickell area February 23