Macchialina's Michael Pirolo presents Pirolo's Panino Pop-Up, June 4-Aug 31
Summer and lunch-only NY/Philly-inspired sandwich shop
Macchialina Taverna Rustica isn't taking the European way out of summer and slowing down or retreating to George Clooney's bachelor pad on Lake Como. Instead, owner/chef Michael Pirolo is opening for lunch as Pirolo's Panino, a summer and lunch only casual sandwich shop open Tuesday June 4 through August 31 from noon to 3 p.m. The fast, casual spot offers counter service and eventually delivery.
On the menu: various panini priced at $12 to $22 including the Banh Mi(lano) with testa, mortadella and Asian pickles; a sweet and succulent Lobster Roll with Maine lobster and celery on brioche; made in-house Roast Pork with broccoli raab, fontina cheese and Calabrian chilies; The Godfather – sopressata, capicola, pickled eggplant and shaved onion; Clipse… (Grinding) with house-made roast beef, tomato, horseradish crème fraiche and crispy shallots; Meatball Parmigiana; and the Jive Turkey with chef’s balsamic-glazed roasted turkey breast, lettuce, tomato and Dijon-aise.
Rotating guest chef sandwich specials from Miami locals including Pubbelly’s Jose Mendin, Eating House’s Giorgio Rapicavoli, Scarpetta’s Nina Compton and Tongue & Cheek’s Jamie DeRosa are also planned.
For lighter fare, there are salads such as the Summer Salad – escarole, pistachios, peaches, goat cheese and lemon vinaigrette; or The 305 – pancetta, butter lettuce, radicchio, hazelnuts, dried cranberries and sherry vinaigrette; as well as house-made pickles, waffle fries, cabbage slaw and roasted burnt-end potatoes. To wash it all down, they’ll have craft beers and vintage sodas and, eventually, custom beer, brewed to pair with the sandwiches, from Gravity Brewing in Wynwood.
803 Alton Rd.
- Michael Schwartz's Fi'lia opens in Brickell next week
- Brazil's 24/7 French bistro Paris 6 opening October 24 on Miami Beach
- Mignonette opening second location in ex-Gourmet Diner space on Biscayne
- Ferran Adrià, Jorge Muñoz, Aaron Mulliss & Nick Beardshaw in Miami for Estrella Damm Gastronomy Congress
- Soyka's second act: Miami restaurateur to open first restaurant in 15 years
- Big name chefs heading to Hyde Beach on September 22 for Hunger Action Month
- Ex Milos chef to head up kitchen at Miami River Greek spot, KIKI on the River
- Rick Bayless restaurant Red O opening in downtown Miami next summer
- Where sushi blends old world and new on South Beach
- Top 5 Arepas in Miami from Yelp