Macchialina launches "No Bull, Just Brunch" Sunday, September 22
Every Sunday from noon to 4 p.m.
Peer pressure apparently does work. Just ask chef/partner Michael Pirolo and GM/partner Jen Chaefsky, who have finally given into demands for Macchialina Taverna Rustica to serve Sunday brunch. But they're doing it their way, of course, and beginning Sunday, September 22, you can either order from an a la carte menu or choose the 3-course, $35 family style prix fixe (min. 2 people), weekly changing Chef's Breakfast, which is composed of six sweet and savory dishes and includes juice and coffee or brunch cocktails. A bottle of prosecco served with fresh squeezed OJ is another $35. And now for the a la carte menu:
Bites ($2-$9) include a scone and muffin basket with jam and mascarpone butter; burrata crostino with heirloom tomato, basil and prosciutto; or arancini with tomato and mozzarella.
Starters ($10-$16) include tomato and lobster gazpacho with cucumber, watermelon and brioche; citrus cured salmon with dill cream, capers and sourdough croutons; a buttery Maine lobster roll with celery, tarragon and mayonnaise; and whipped ricotta with grilled figs, honey and country bread.
Eggs ($12-$18) include Italian versions of brunch classics such as house made porchetta hash with scallion, peas and a poached egg; a breakfast pizza with pancetta, potatoes, fontina and sunny side up eggs; polenta and eggs with crispy prosciutto and arugula; eggs Florentine with creamed spinach and hollandaise, scrambled eggs with potato rosti, scallions and Calabrese chilies and the option to add bacon or lobster; steak and eggs with an Italian chili relleno and beef jus; sweet Italian toast made with Panettone, maple pecan butter and crispy prosciutto; and eggs Macchialina with spicy tomato, fonduta and country bread.
- Former Miami restaurant owner Joshua Woodward pleaded no contest Friday to attempted murder for trying to induce a miscarriage
- Jose Garces planning Miami restaurant
- Update: CANCELED Brooklyn's Pies 'n' Thighs pops up at the Mondrian
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz is out at the Raleigh Hotel on South Beach
- Raleigh on the sale rack and Restaurant Michael Schwartz out?
- Luther Campbell hosts dinner party at Mignonette on November 11
- Chef Jeremiah & Roel Alcudia team up on gastroDobo, a 1-night Filipino pop-up in Wynwood
- GK Bistronomie bringing 'globally inspired Peruvian' cuisine to Wynwood
- Habit Burger opens in Miami, donates first-week proceeds to charity
- 'Chopped' champ Mathias Gervais opening modern Asian restaurant at The Setai