Macchialina launches "No Bull, Just Brunch" Sunday, September 22
Every Sunday from noon to 4 p.m.
Peer pressure apparently does work. Just ask chef/partner Michael Pirolo and GM/partner Jen Chaefsky, who have finally given into demands for Macchialina Taverna Rustica to serve Sunday brunch. But they're doing it their way, of course, and beginning Sunday, September 22, you can either order from an a la carte menu or choose the 3-course, $35 family style prix fixe (min. 2 people), weekly changing Chef's Breakfast, which is composed of six sweet and savory dishes and includes juice and coffee or brunch cocktails. A bottle of prosecco served with fresh squeezed OJ is another $35. And now for the a la carte menu:
Bites ($2-$9) include a scone and muffin basket with jam and mascarpone butter; burrata crostino with heirloom tomato, basil and prosciutto; or arancini with tomato and mozzarella.
Starters ($10-$16) include tomato and lobster gazpacho with cucumber, watermelon and brioche; citrus cured salmon with dill cream, capers and sourdough croutons; a buttery Maine lobster roll with celery, tarragon and mayonnaise; and whipped ricotta with grilled figs, honey and country bread.
Eggs ($12-$18) include Italian versions of brunch classics such as house made porchetta hash with scallion, peas and a poached egg; a breakfast pizza with pancetta, potatoes, fontina and sunny side up eggs; polenta and eggs with crispy prosciutto and arugula; eggs Florentine with creamed spinach and hollandaise, scrambled eggs with potato rosti, scallions and Calabrese chilies and the option to add bacon or lobster; steak and eggs with an Italian chili relleno and beef jus; sweet Italian toast made with Panettone, maple pecan butter and crispy prosciutto; and eggs Macchialina with spicy tomato, fonduta and country bread.
820 Alton Rd.
- Where to find artisanal chocolate in South Florida
- These are the most popular Indian restaurants in Miami
- How to get gourmet clean eating in South Beach
- RIP Randazzo's Little Italy in Coral Gables
- Who has Miami's favorite acai bowls? Yelp! weighs in
- Tap 42 opening second Miami location in ex-Aperio space in Midtown
- Nibble + Squeak dining club for "parents with pipsqueaks" launches in Miami August 24 at Mignonette
- The Rumor Mill: Murmurs of more Miami restaurant, market closings and chef firings . . .
- 305 Brews beer and coffee bar opening in August in Midtown Miami
- Alex Chang leaves The Vagabond, which will re-debut with new chef, new name