Macchialina launches "No Bull, Just Brunch" Sunday, September 22
Every Sunday from noon to 4 p.m.
Peer pressure apparently does work. Just ask chef/partner Michael Pirolo and GM/partner Jen Chaefsky, who have finally given into demands for Macchialina Taverna Rustica to serve Sunday brunch. But they're doing it their way, of course, and beginning Sunday, September 22, you can either order from an a la carte menu or choose the 3-course, $35 family style prix fixe (min. 2 people), weekly changing Chef's Breakfast, which is composed of six sweet and savory dishes and includes juice and coffee or brunch cocktails. A bottle of prosecco served with fresh squeezed OJ is another $35. And now for the a la carte menu:
Bites ($2-$9) include a scone and muffin basket with jam and mascarpone butter; burrata crostino with heirloom tomato, basil and prosciutto; or arancini with tomato and mozzarella.
Starters ($10-$16) include tomato and lobster gazpacho with cucumber, watermelon and brioche; citrus cured salmon with dill cream, capers and sourdough croutons; a buttery Maine lobster roll with celery, tarragon and mayonnaise; and whipped ricotta with grilled figs, honey and country bread.
Eggs ($12-$18) include Italian versions of brunch classics such as house made porchetta hash with scallion, peas and a poached egg; a breakfast pizza with pancetta, potatoes, fontina and sunny side up eggs; polenta and eggs with crispy prosciutto and arugula; eggs Florentine with creamed spinach and hollandaise, scrambled eggs with potato rosti, scallions and Calabrese chilies and the option to add bacon or lobster; steak and eggs with an Italian chili relleno and beef jus; sweet Italian toast made with Panettone, maple pecan butter and crispy prosciutto; and eggs Macchialina with spicy tomato, fonduta and country bread.
820 Alton Rd.
- Ferran Adrià, Jorge Muñoz, Aaron Mulliss & Nick Beardshaw in Miami for Estrella Damm Gastronomy Congress
- Soyka's second act: Miami restaurateur to open first restaurant in 15 years
- Big name chefs heading to Hyde Beach on September 22 for Hunger Action Month
- Ex Milos chef to head up kitchen at Miami River Greek spot, KIKI on the River
- Rick Bayless restaurant Red O opening in downtown Miami next summer
- Where sushi blends old world and new on South Beach
- Top 5 Arepas in Miami from Yelp
- Mimo Restaurant The Fed Shuts Down
- Where to find artisanal chocolate in South Florida
- These are the most popular Indian restaurants in Miami