Macchialina happy hour starts tonight; #ISEEJWU Twitter Competition begins tomorrow
Good deals and good reasons for Miami food fans to be on Twitter
Macchialina Taverna Rustica starts its daily 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. happy hour today featuring a pizza and Peroni combo for $10 and $1.50 oysters.
In other deals of sorts, Johnson & Wales kicks off its #ISEEJWU Twitter Competition at noon on Wednesday, August 1. Macchialina's sister restaurants Barceloneta and Pubbelly are two of the nine participating restaurants along with Michy's, Panorama, Peacock Garden Cafe, Talavera, Jaguar, Sugarcane Raw Bar Grill, and Meat Market, all featuring JWU alumni chefs and Miami Spice participants. The rules are simple: eat at one of the restaurants; during your meal, snap a photo to prove your location and tweet it using hashtags #ISEEJWU and #MiamiSpice. Every Friday during Miami Spice, ten participants will be chosen at random to receive a $25 gift certificate to the restaurant they tweet from and a SFF (South Florida Foodie) cling sticker. Competition ends September 28. Good luck!
- Unlimited tacos and beer for $18.21 debuts at Toro Toro
- New kitchen leadership at Bocce Bar
- Mignonette oyster bar in Miami's Edgwater slated for Aug. 1 opening and we have the menu!
- Jerry's Famous Deli on South Beach is now closed
- Now open: N by Naoe, Kevin Cory's new Brickell Key prix fixe lunch spot
- Ibiza club and Señor Frog's opening in South Beach?
- Umami Burger in Miami Beach closed; Blue Collar has new chef de cuisine; Phillip Bryant leaves Swine
- Khong River House experiments with new menu items
- Closed for "summer vacation": La Maison Miami
- CATCH is closed and allegedly moving to a new Miami location