Macchialina happy hour starts tonight; #ISEEJWU Twitter Competition begins tomorrow
Good deals and good reasons for Miami food fans to be on Twitter
Macchialina Taverna Rustica starts its daily 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. happy hour today featuring a pizza and Peroni combo for $10 and $1.50 oysters.
In other deals of sorts, Johnson & Wales kicks off its #ISEEJWU Twitter Competition at noon on Wednesday, August 1. Macchialina's sister restaurants Barceloneta and Pubbelly are two of the nine participating restaurants along with Michy's, Panorama, Peacock Garden Cafe, Talavera, Jaguar, Sugarcane Raw Bar Grill, and Meat Market, all featuring JWU alumni chefs and Miami Spice participants. The rules are simple: eat at one of the restaurants; during your meal, snap a photo to prove your location and tweet it using hashtags #ISEEJWU and #MiamiSpice. Every Friday during Miami Spice, ten participants will be chosen at random to receive a $25 gift certificate to the restaurant they tweet from and a SFF (South Florida Foodie) cling sticker. Competition ends September 28. Good luck!
- Chef Jeremiah & Roel Alcudia team up on gastroDobo, a 1-night Filipino pop-up in Wynwood
- GK Bistronomie bringing 'globally inspired Peruvian' cuisine to Wynwood
- Habit Burger opens in Miami, donates first-week proceeds to charity
- 'Chopped' champ Mathias Gervais opening modern Asian restaurant at The Setai
- Morimoto closing Sept. 30 in South Beach
- For the first time, a woman runs the kitchen at The Forge in Miami Beach
- Marion Miami restaurant gets set to open in Brickell
- Dinner Lab hosts Miami meal with gin pairings on Aug. 25
- Miami restaurateur Michael Schwartz faces federal lawsuit alleging employee mistreatment
- Wynwood Diner opens this weekend in Miami