Macchialina happy hour starts tonight; #ISEEJWU Twitter Competition begins tomorrow
Good deals and good reasons for Miami food fans to be on Twitter
Macchialina Taverna Rustica starts its daily 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. happy hour today featuring a pizza and Peroni combo for $10 and $1.50 oysters.
In other deals of sorts, Johnson & Wales kicks off its #ISEEJWU Twitter Competition at noon on Wednesday, August 1. Macchialina's sister restaurants Barceloneta and Pubbelly are two of the nine participating restaurants along with Michy's, Panorama, Peacock Garden Cafe, Talavera, Jaguar, Sugarcane Raw Bar Grill, and Meat Market, all featuring JWU alumni chefs and Miami Spice participants. The rules are simple: eat at one of the restaurants; during your meal, snap a photo to prove your location and tweet it using hashtags #ISEEJWU and #MiamiSpice. Every Friday during Miami Spice, ten participants will be chosen at random to receive a $25 gift certificate to the restaurant they tweet from and a SFF (South Florida Foodie) cling sticker. Competition ends September 28. Good luck!
- David's Cafe on Collins closing after 37 years
- Blackbrick Brings on the Brunch
- Pubbelly introduces PB Fish, a seafood pop-up at PB Steak starting April 8
- AQ by Acqualina, featuring Dewey LoSasso & Hiro's Yakko San
- Mansion morphing into "Miami-style country western line dancing" club with Blue Collar's Danny Serfer serving "large plates"
- Las Olas hot spot American Social opening in ex Waxy O'Connor's space
- Allen Susser's Daily Melt grilling the cheese up in Fort Lauderdale on April 1
- Brewery Ommegang's HopChef competition heads to Miami in April
- Nina Compton cooks at Swine Southern Table & Bar on April 24
- Loba, "Latin spice and Southern Comfort" coming to Biscayne Blvd.