Macchialina happy hour starts tonight; #ISEEJWU Twitter Competition begins tomorrow
Good deals and good reasons for Miami food fans to be on Twitter
Macchialina Taverna Rustica starts its daily 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. happy hour today featuring a pizza and Peroni combo for $10 and $1.50 oysters.
In other deals of sorts, Johnson & Wales kicks off its #ISEEJWU Twitter Competition at noon on Wednesday, August 1. Macchialina's sister restaurants Barceloneta and Pubbelly are two of the nine participating restaurants along with Michy's, Panorama, Peacock Garden Cafe, Talavera, Jaguar, Sugarcane Raw Bar Grill, and Meat Market, all featuring JWU alumni chefs and Miami Spice participants. The rules are simple: eat at one of the restaurants; during your meal, snap a photo to prove your location and tweet it using hashtags #ISEEJWU and #MiamiSpice. Every Friday during Miami Spice, ten participants will be chosen at random to receive a $25 gift certificate to the restaurant they tweet from and a SFF (South Florida Foodie) cling sticker. Competition ends September 28. Good luck!
- Vikram Katoch appointed new executive chef at Bianca
- Restaurant-season slowdown hits Miami
- Caviar launches Miami delivery service from Blue Collar, Miami Smokers and more
- BBQ night at Harry's Pizzeria
- Munch, munch, pass: 4/20 dinner sparks up at Eating House in Coral Gables
- Lindsay Autry, Xavier Torres, Todd Erickson, Jason Pringle, & Richard Hales to compete in Cochon 555
- Phuc-in Yay! Phuc Yea! Vietnamese pop-up to go permanent mid-May
- Coya Miami opening Thursday, February 19
- 3.5 star review can't keep 27 open; Broken Shaker, restaurant shut temporarily at Freehand
- Wynwood Diner opening in March