Lure Fishbar opens at the Loews Monday, December 2
SoHo seafooder heads South
The highly anticipated SoHo (NYC) seafooder Lure Fishbar is set to open in the Loews space formerly known as Emeril's on December 2. Lure has some very important culinary siblings: B&B Winepub and El Toro Blanco, plus The Dutch, Locande Verde and Lafayette. The menu, overseen by chef/partner Josh Capon and executive chef Jeff Raider, will feature, among other things: garnished oysters in flavors such as pineapple salsa and jalapeno ponzu, Taylor Bay Scallop Ceviche with cucumber and golden pineaple salsa; coconut curry steamed shellfish with clams, mussels and prawns in a green curry brother topped with cilantro and grilled flat bread; flash fried tempura crispy tuna roll with avacado, mango, jicama salsa, wasabi oil and sweet soy; Florida pompano on a bed of fregola sarda with Manila clams, Spanish chorizo and sweet pepper confit; seared jalapeno sirloin with jasmine rice, sauteed jalapenos, mushrooms and teriyaki; the classic lobster roll; and the New York Wine and Food Festival Burger Bash-winning Bash Style Burger. Award-winning mixologist Robert Ferrara heads the booze program. Lure Fishbar will be open for dinner nightly at 6 p.m.
Loews Miami Beach Hotel
1600 Collins Ave.
- Extra Ordinary: Vandy Vanderwarker of Charleston's The Ordinary shucking up at Mignonette in May
- Blue Collar restaurant hosting 2016 Matzo Chase - a scavenger hunt in Miami
- Richard Hales opening Bird & Bone Hot Chicken & Ribs at The Wynwood Yard
- Now Closed: The Oceanaire Seafood Room. Coming Soon to Mary Brickell Village: "Another Landry's concept"
- Norwegian DJ Kygo's just desserts at Komodo
- Top Chef Paul Qui of Faena Hotel's heralded Pao arrested for alleged drug-fueled assault on girlfriend
- Bachour Bakery + Bistro opening March 25 on Brickell
- High end Kaori by Walter Martino opening in Brickell area February 23
- Juvia's Japanese sibling Sushi Garage opens in Miami's Sunset Harbor 'hood
- Now open: Coconut Grove's Spasso--"Simple, honest, brutal food"