Lure Fishbar opens at the Loews Monday, December 2
SoHo seafooder heads South
The highly anticipated SoHo (NYC) seafooder Lure Fishbar is set to open in the Loews space formerly known as Emeril's on December 2. Lure has some very important culinary siblings: B&B Winepub and El Toro Blanco, plus The Dutch, Locande Verde and Lafayette. The menu, overseen by chef/partner Josh Capon and executive chef Jeff Raider, will feature, among other things: garnished oysters in flavors such as pineapple salsa and jalapeno ponzu, Taylor Bay Scallop Ceviche with cucumber and golden pineaple salsa; coconut curry steamed shellfish with clams, mussels and prawns in a green curry brother topped with cilantro and grilled flat bread; flash fried tempura crispy tuna roll with avacado, mango, jicama salsa, wasabi oil and sweet soy; Florida pompano on a bed of fregola sarda with Manila clams, Spanish chorizo and sweet pepper confit; seared jalapeno sirloin with jasmine rice, sauteed jalapenos, mushrooms and teriyaki; the classic lobster roll; and the New York Wine and Food Festival Burger Bash-winning Bash Style Burger. Award-winning mixologist Robert Ferrara heads the booze program. Lure Fishbar will be open for dinner nightly at 6 p.m.
- Jerry's Famous Deli on South Beach is now closed
- Now open: N by Naoe, Kevin Cory's new Brickell Key prix fixe lunch spot
- Ibiza club and Señor Frog's opening in South Beach?
- Umami Burger in Miami Beach closed; Blue Collar has new chef de cuisine; Phillip Bryant leaves Swine
- Khong River House experiments with new menu items
- Closed for "summer vacation": La Maison Miami
- CATCH is closed and allegedly moving to a new Miami location
- NYC-based the Chef Agency expands to Miami
- The Rumor Mill: Bal Harbour's La Goulue on way out, Stephen Starr in
- Slice of Brazil comes to life on urban farm in Fort Lauderdale