Lucky You! Fundraiser
Win original works of art at Wynwood art fundraiser
For the superstitious, this Friday is a lucky date : 11/11/11.
For art lovers it’s the 4th annual Lucky You! 4 event at the Bakehouse Art Complex.
The Wynwood art fundraiser is the must-go-to spot for those wanting to build up their art collection on a budget. With just a $10 raffle ticket, attendees will be able to win original paintings, sculptures, photography, and mixed-media works donated by more than 70 BAC and Miami-based artists. Plus, the party, which is emceed by NBC Miami anchor Roxanne Vargas, will feature live music, entertainment, sips and bites as well as fashion and musical performances.
Last year, the event raised $20,000 for the not-for-profit organization which is dedicated to showcasing emerging and mid-career artists. This year BAC’s Executive Director, Arlys Raymond, said she hopes to raise $40,000. “The theme this year is about wishful thinking. It all goes back to being lucky and the date,” she said. Some artists on the roster whose work will be raffled off include Juan Carlos Arana, Maria Sonia Martin, Jean Paul Mallozzi and Donna Lee Steffens.
Admission is $50 ($45 pre-sale) and includes full access to the Audrey Love Gallery as well as the artists and their studios. The official Lucky You! after-party will take place at The Stage (170 NE 38th St.) in the Design District at 11:30 p.m. Admission tickets and raffle tickets can be purchased by phone, email or mail. Visit the BAC Fundraising page for more information at www.bacfl.org
Lucky You! 4
Bakehouse Art Complex
561 NW 32nd St., Miami
See and Do
- Discover Miami's Historic MiMo District on Biscayne Boulevard
- Little Haiti's galleries, shops and bars
- Discover Miami's Little Haiti neighbhorhood
- He was told as a boy he'd have to go to a deaf school—but he grew up to help make the music to Hamilton
- Las Olas Art Fair takes over the streets of Fort Lauderdale this weekend
- Coral Gables Hispanic Cultural Festival takes over the streets of City Beautiful
- 5 reasons you should check out the Mammography Art Initiative in Wynwood this weekend
- 7 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - Oct. 21-23
- Miami's cultural itinerary courtesy of Prism Creative Group - Oct. 16-31
- Find your happy place at the Modern Life Mindfulness Festival