Lucky You! Fundraiser
Win original works of art at Wynwood art fundraiser
Lucky You! 4
Bakehouse Art Complex
561 NW 32nd St., Miami
For the superstitious, this Friday is a lucky date : 11/11/11.
For art lovers it’s the 4th annual Lucky You! 4 event at the Bakehouse Art Complex.
The Wynwood art fundraiser is the must-go-to spot for those wanting to build up their art collection on a budget. With just a $10 raffle ticket, attendees will be able to win original paintings, sculptures, photography, and mixed-media works donated by more than 70 BAC and Miami-based artists. Plus, the party, which is emceed by NBC Miami anchor Roxanne Vargas, will feature live music, entertainment, sips and bites as well as fashion and musical performances.
Last year, the event raised $20,000 for the not-for-profit organization which is dedicated to showcasing emerging and mid-career artists. This year BAC’s Executive Director, Arlys Raymond, said she hopes to raise $40,000. “The theme this year is about wishful thinking. It all goes back to being lucky and the date,” she said. Some artists on the roster whose work will be raffled off include Juan Carlos Arana, Maria Sonia Martin, Jean Paul Mallozzi and Donna Lee Steffens.
Admission is $50 ($45 pre-sale) and includes full access to the Audrey Love Gallery as well as the artists and their studios. The official Lucky You! after-party will take place at The Stage (170 NE 38th St.) in the Design District at 11:30 p.m. Admission tickets and raffle tickets can be purchased by phone, email or mail. Visit the BAC Fundraising page for more information at www.bacfl.org
See and Do
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Holidays 2014
- Holiday parades, princess parties & a local gift guide: Munchkin Fun's top weekly picks
- Borscht Film Festival spurs a Miami filmmaking boom
- Holiday events in Miami
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Dec. 12-14
- Outré Theatre makes its move to Fort Lauderdale with ‘Othello’
- Cirque du Soleil brings its fem-centric show, 'Amaluna,' to Sun Life Stadium
- Seminole Hard Rock Winterfest Boat Parade floats into Broward this Saturday
- Holiday dance, theater and music favorites to make the season merry
- ‘Book of Mormon’ walks its fine line, this time at the Arsht Center