Lucky You! Fundraiser
Win original works of art at Wynwood art fundraiser
Lucky You! 4
Bakehouse Art Complex
561 NW 32nd St., Miami
For the superstitious, this Friday is a lucky date : 11/11/11.
For art lovers it’s the 4th annual Lucky You! 4 event at the Bakehouse Art Complex.
The Wynwood art fundraiser is the must-go-to spot for those wanting to build up their art collection on a budget. With just a $10 raffle ticket, attendees will be able to win original paintings, sculptures, photography, and mixed-media works donated by more than 70 BAC and Miami-based artists. Plus, the party, which is emceed by NBC Miami anchor Roxanne Vargas, will feature live music, entertainment, sips and bites as well as fashion and musical performances.
Last year, the event raised $20,000 for the not-for-profit organization which is dedicated to showcasing emerging and mid-career artists. This year BAC’s Executive Director, Arlys Raymond, said she hopes to raise $40,000. “The theme this year is about wishful thinking. It all goes back to being lucky and the date,” she said. Some artists on the roster whose work will be raffled off include Juan Carlos Arana, Maria Sonia Martin, Jean Paul Mallozzi and Donna Lee Steffens.
Admission is $50 ($45 pre-sale) and includes full access to the Audrey Love Gallery as well as the artists and their studios. The official Lucky You! after-party will take place at The Stage (170 NE 38th St.) in the Design District at 11:30 p.m. Admission tickets and raffle tickets can be purchased by phone, email or mail. Visit the BAC Fundraising page for more information at www.bacfl.org
See and Do
- Bayfront Park hosts tree lighting event to kick off holiday season
- Momix will perform and teach a master class at Broward Center
- 17 Fun Things to Do This Holiday Week: Nov 23-29
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Nov. 20-22
- ‘Newsies’ dances its way back to South Florida with a charming leading man
- Some Miami Book Fair events of note (in a weekend of hundreds)
- Miami Book Fair, a literary cornucopia, kicks off
- Give Miami Day, Nov. 19, is a chance to support Miami charities
- 15 things to do with the kids this week: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Nov. 13-15