Lucky You! Fundraiser
Win original works of art at Wynwood art fundraiser
For the superstitious, this Friday is a lucky date : 11/11/11.
For art lovers it’s the 4th annual Lucky You! 4 event at the Bakehouse Art Complex.
The Wynwood art fundraiser is the must-go-to spot for those wanting to build up their art collection on a budget. With just a $10 raffle ticket, attendees will be able to win original paintings, sculptures, photography, and mixed-media works donated by more than 70 BAC and Miami-based artists. Plus, the party, which is emceed by NBC Miami anchor Roxanne Vargas, will feature live music, entertainment, sips and bites as well as fashion and musical performances.
Last year, the event raised $20,000 for the not-for-profit organization which is dedicated to showcasing emerging and mid-career artists. This year BAC’s Executive Director, Arlys Raymond, said she hopes to raise $40,000. “The theme this year is about wishful thinking. It all goes back to being lucky and the date,” she said. Some artists on the roster whose work will be raffled off include Juan Carlos Arana, Maria Sonia Martin, Jean Paul Mallozzi and Donna Lee Steffens.
Admission is $50 ($45 pre-sale) and includes full access to the Audrey Love Gallery as well as the artists and their studios. The official Lucky You! after-party will take place at The Stage (170 NE 38th St.) in the Design District at 11:30 p.m. Admission tickets and raffle tickets can be purchased by phone, email or mail. Visit the BAC Fundraising page for more information at www.bacfl.org
Lucky You! 4
Bakehouse Art Complex
561 NW 32nd St., Miami
See and Do
- Super 8 Motels is ditching its old art and it can be yours
- 7 Reactions Cuban Americans Had to Fidel Castro’s Death
- Events in Miami in December 2016
- Courtney Love can now scratch musical theater off her bucket list
- Five Things to do After Stuffing Yourself on Thanksgiving
- All the feels locals have during Art Basel
- Weekend events in Miami that won't leave you broke - Nov. 18-20
- Six Things you didn’t know about Miami Children’s Museum
- Robot bartenders and a 10-story slide. That’s life on the world's biggest cruise ship
- Miami's coolest events courtesy of Prism Creative Group - Nov. 15-30