The lowdown on Flo
We always like to know what local rapper Flo Rida is up to. As it turns out, a lot, per usual. The 31-year-old, with hits like Low, is busy around town performing his duo with Akon called Who Da...
We always like to know what local rapper Flo Rida is up to. As it turns out, a lot, per usual. The 31-year-old, with hits like Low, is busy around town performing his duo with Akon called Who Dat Girl as well as songs from his new album, Only One Flo. We chatted:
I love that we have different cultures down here. Miami is fun in the sun. It's what inspires my music.
Last fall, your third album, ``Only One Flo Part 1,'' was released. When is Part 2 coming out?
This spring -- it's gonna be called Only One Rider.
Recently you launched your own record label, International Music Group. What made you decide to do that?
I've always wanted to bless some other artists, and I felt it was time to do it. I have Git Fresh signed on.
You grew up in the projects in Carol City with a single mom and seven sisters. What words of encouragement do you have for kids who have dreams of following in your footsteps?
It's all about dreaming. No pain, no gain. You have to put God first. The bad times aren't going to last forever. I started a charity called Big Dreams for Kids to help those less fortunate.
What's your favorite song to perform?
I love Club Can't Handle Me. The fans really get into it and have a good time with the song.
What are your future plans?
I want to get into acting and do some movies. I also want to get more involved in charity work. I really believe the more you give, the more you receive.
-- ANNIE VASQUEZ
On Our Radar
- A look at Pitbull's style evolution
- The 5 most affordable ways to get around South Beach
- Draya Michele debuts Mint Swim collection in Miami, shows off curves at the beach
- What Adrienne Bailon wears to the beach
- Carlos Ponce: I would never run for president
- Emma Roberts: I need to visit Miami more often
- Pitbull makes Miami look good in 'Sexy Beaches' video
- 7 cool booths to visit at Agenda Miami
- 5 ways Colombians in Miami celebrated their independence day
- 5 Things We Loved at Premios Juventud