Love Life and the 411 with Jill Tracey April 18 - April 27
What's hot and what's the word on the street...Jill Tracey gives her weekly scoop.
“A woman’s dress should be a like a barbed-wire fence; serving its purpose without obstructing the view.” —Sophia Loren
STYLIN AND PROFILIN’
In a city where you’re apt to see women walking to legitimate jobs in bikinis and heels in the middle of the day, it’s only right that Miami Fashion Week’s focus is the rich and luxurious, but often the stepchild of fashion, resort wear. Look for this year’s event to be full frontal Miami style and excess on display from the Miami Style showcase and the amazing Custo Barcelona to the Jones Magazine African American Showcase not to be missed…and you can get your tickets to be a part of it starting today on DealSaver.com. Join Fashionistas from around the country for three days of workshops, panel, spa treatments, parties, and a fab Sunday Brunch with Bevy Smith host of Bravo’s Fashion Queens. VIP registration for Meet Me in Miami is $199 but it’s $99 on DealSaver.com.
That’s a little sneek peak of next month. TONIGHT it’s the kickoff Buzz party for Fashion Week with a special VIP evening hosted by Cynthia Bailey (Real Housewives of Atlanta) at The Bath Club on the beach. It is private but Im’m sure you know someone who knows someone who’s going…and can sneak a +1…Miami Fashion Week Buzz Party April 25th 7-10pm BY INVITE ONLY .
YOU BETTA WALK!!!
…Like a Supermodel if you wanna be a part of the Bailey Agency. You didn’t think Cynthia just came to town to party. She’s on the hunt for the first fresh face of the Bailey agency with Face of Fashion 2014 International Model Search. Saturday, April 26th, 9am – 6pm. Registration $150. Info www.jammg.com
FULL FRONTAL FASHION
Spring fashion is in full bloom and it’s time to show your curves with style. An intimate gathering of "CLOTHES FRIEND" to sip, savor, and shop… all for a great cause to support the victims of domestic Violence and help support them in a safe space. 6TH ANNUAL FULL FASHION EXCHANGE - STYLE & TASTE 2014, Sunday, April 27, 2014 from 4-7PM at Residence Inn by Marriott (near Aventura Mall) 19900 W. Country Club Dr, Aventura. A portion of the proceeds benefit the Safespace Foundation Inc. Bring gently used clothing, shoes, handbags, or accessories to donate. Come and enjoy music, light bites, samples, door prizes, and fashions that flatter the curvy, full figured women of South Florida.
Love a Good Fashion Blog? Meet the girls and a few fellas that blog it all.. It’s the 1st Anniversary of The Fashion Happy Hour – a social marketplace of South Florida bloggers musings and wares. Sponsored by the Miami Fashion Network, join the soiree for cocktails, cuteness, and bring cash for all the fab items on sales. Fashion Happy Hour event: Sunday, April 27th 4pm -8pm The Catalina Hotel, 1732 Collins Ave, Miami Beach. RSVP required www.fashionhappyhour.com/rsvp
THE FUTURE’S SO BRIGHT
With a new cd, a new baby on the way and bride to be Ciara on his arm, It is so bright no wonder rapper FUTURE is always wearing shades! You can see him setting LIV on Sunday on fire with the release party for his new CD I’m Honest. Bottle poppin begins at 10pm FUTURE at LIV on SUNDAY, April 27th. Doors open 10pm at LIV at the Fontainebleau Hotel 4441 Collins Ave, Miami Beach
Listen to Jill Weekdays on the James T Midday Show on Hot 105 and Friday Night Live Midnight – 4 AM.
- Unplug & Reconnect on a Staycation Getaway in The Palm Beaches
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Miami Under 40 Mixer, African Wardrobe Festival, Black & White Affair, and more
- The American Black Film Festival Returns to Miami
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Afro Roots World Music Festival, The Man in 3B film screening, Wynwood Art Walk
- National Black Chamber of Commerce Annual Conference featuring Business Leaders, Celebrities
- Miami Soul giveaway: Exclusive Invitation for “The Man in 3B” Red Carpet Film Screening
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Kindred the Family Soul, YPN Broward Day Party, Miami Under 40 Networking, and more
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Questlove spin session, House Party 25th Anniversary party, Mellow Dramatic Mondays
- Miami Soul: 5th Annual Overtown Music & Arts Festival featuring Raheem Devaughn, Melanie Fiona, and more
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Big Night in Little Haiti, Pines Food & Wine Festival, South Florida Book Festival and more