Love Life and the 411 with Jill Tracey April 18 - April 27
What's hot and what's the word on the street...Jill Tracey gives her weekly scoop.
“A woman’s dress should be a like a barbed-wire fence; serving its purpose without obstructing the view.” —Sophia Loren
STYLIN AND PROFILIN’
In a city where you’re apt to see women walking to legitimate jobs in bikinis and heels in the middle of the day, it’s only right that Miami Fashion Week’s focus is the rich and luxurious, but often the stepchild of fashion, resort wear. Look for this year’s event to be full frontal Miami style and excess on display from the Miami Style showcase and the amazing Custo Barcelona to the Jones Magazine African American Showcase not to be missed…and you can get your tickets to be a part of it starting today on DealSaver.com. Join Fashionistas from around the country for three days of workshops, panel, spa treatments, parties, and a fab Sunday Brunch with Bevy Smith host of Bravo’s Fashion Queens. VIP registration for Meet Me in Miami is $199 but it’s $99 on DealSaver.com.
That’s a little sneek peak of next month. TONIGHT it’s the kickoff Buzz party for Fashion Week with a special VIP evening hosted by Cynthia Bailey (Real Housewives of Atlanta) at The Bath Club on the beach. It is private but Im’m sure you know someone who knows someone who’s going…and can sneak a +1…Miami Fashion Week Buzz Party April 25th 7-10pm BY INVITE ONLY .
YOU BETTA WALK!!!
…Like a Supermodel if you wanna be a part of the Bailey Agency. You didn’t think Cynthia just came to town to party. She’s on the hunt for the first fresh face of the Bailey agency with Face of Fashion 2014 International Model Search. Saturday, April 26th, 9am – 6pm. Registration $150. Info www.jammg.com
FULL FRONTAL FASHION
Spring fashion is in full bloom and it’s time to show your curves with style. An intimate gathering of "CLOTHES FRIEND" to sip, savor, and shop… all for a great cause to support the victims of domestic Violence and help support them in a safe space. 6TH ANNUAL FULL FASHION EXCHANGE - STYLE & TASTE 2014, Sunday, April 27, 2014 from 4-7PM at Residence Inn by Marriott (near Aventura Mall) 19900 W. Country Club Dr, Aventura. A portion of the proceeds benefit the Safespace Foundation Inc. Bring gently used clothing, shoes, handbags, or accessories to donate. Come and enjoy music, light bites, samples, door prizes, and fashions that flatter the curvy, full figured women of South Florida.
Love a Good Fashion Blog? Meet the girls and a few fellas that blog it all.. It’s the 1st Anniversary of The Fashion Happy Hour – a social marketplace of South Florida bloggers musings and wares. Sponsored by the Miami Fashion Network, join the soiree for cocktails, cuteness, and bring cash for all the fab items on sales. Fashion Happy Hour event: Sunday, April 27th 4pm -8pm The Catalina Hotel, 1732 Collins Ave, Miami Beach. RSVP required www.fashionhappyhour.com/rsvp
THE FUTURE’S SO BRIGHT
With a new cd, a new baby on the way and bride to be Ciara on his arm, It is so bright no wonder rapper FUTURE is always wearing shades! You can see him setting LIV on Sunday on fire with the release party for his new CD I’m Honest. Bottle poppin begins at 10pm FUTURE at LIV on SUNDAY, April 27th. Doors open 10pm at LIV at the Fontainebleau Hotel 4441 Collins Ave, Miami Beach
Listen to Jill Weekdays on the James T Midday Show on Hot 105 and Friday Night Live Midnight – 4 AM.
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Colors of the Caribbean, Big Night in Little Haiti featuring Akoustik Band, and more
- Taste of the Caribbean 2015: A Showcase of Caribbean Cuisine
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Juneteenth Food & Music Festival, Greek Cookout, Deltas After Dark, and more
- Miami Soul: Caribbean-American Heritage Month Events Around South Florida
- Miami Soul weekend guide: CAT's Corner: A Jazz Fusion Experience, Que Boogaloo, All White Yacht Party and more
- Miami Soul: Live Jazz Spots Around Miami
- Miami Soul Memorial Day weekend guide: PAMM Memorial Day BBQ, Palm Beach Jerk & Caribbean Culture Festival, and more
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Kinfolks SoulFood Music Festival and other events around South Florida
- Haitian Heritage Cultural Month Celebrations Around South Florida
- Miami Soul weekend guide: RonDayVu Day Party, Taste the Islands, Wireless Headphone Party Experience, and more