Love, Life & the 411: Where to party for the Super Bowl
Jill Tracey gives her weekend best bets for the big game on Sunday
“Life is a game, boy. Life is a game that one plays according to the rules.”
-J.D. Salinger, Catcher in the Rye
Are you ready for some football? Where, doing what and with whom you watch the big game is almost as much a ritual as the game itself so here’s the 411 on the best ways to get your game on this weekend.
Sunday, Feb. 2
Mark Higg’s Annual SuperGame party. Started at his estate over a decade ago and now it is bigger than ever. This is the place to be seen and party on game day. “Higgy” spares no expense, ballers fly in to this event from all over the country and the party goes until midnight. (It actually starts with a Friday night TouchDown, but that’s invite only) Tickets are $15 in advance; $20 at the door. Ballers reserve tables for $100; Shot Callers step it up to VIP for $600. Free Buffet from 4 p.m. – 5 p.m. Free Parking. Must be 21.
Tickets and info: Gulfstream Park Racing & Casino – Sport of Kings Showroom, 901 S. Federal Highway, Hallandale Beach; Gulfstream Box Office at 954-454-7000 or Mark Higgs at 954-294-4084
The Super Bowl Watch Party. The Urban Professional Network - Ron Gibbs, Jawan Strader and G-Anthony Moore - have quite the flair for the dramatic so you can expect this event to be one sexy, flashy affair. The stylish trio will host taste makers and bottle chasers for a Super Bowl soiree at the MIDLOFT LOUNGE at George’s Kitchen (Midloft Lounge, 3401 N. Miami Ave.; www.midloftofmiami.com.). Great food, girls in Loubs and football on the tube - what more could a man want? $10 at the door and complimentary entry with table reservations. For more info e-mail RonGibbs1@me.com or LuxEventsMiami@gmail.com or call 305-305-7645. Reservations strongly suggested.
FanHouse is the best sports bar in town you haven’t been to. (13914 NW 7th Ave., Miami; 305-681-4100; click here for website) Opened earlier this year, owner Andre Baker has created a very cool authentic sports bar in the community but it’s been hard to draw consistent business. Probably because it’s the last thing you’d expect on NW 7th Ave. But look for the big baseball cap and spend your Super Bowl Sunday munching with former ‘Canes Edgerin James, Travis Benjamin, and Vernon Carey on by far the best chicken wings in the city. Drink specials include the FanHouse favorite Bob Marley and trust me - just one will have you feelin’ Irie mon! Formally trained Chef Frances Evans dishes are fresh, full of flavor and thoughtfully prepared. Having recently experienced several health scares, Frances says she cooks low on sodium and fat and high on flavor. Indeed the lemon pepper and cilantro honey wings will have you doing your own touchdown dance! Table reservation suggested.
Love ya, Mean it…
Listen to Jill Tracey from 10 a.m. – noon with James T on HOT 105 FM
- Love Life & the 411: Jazz in the Gardens pop-up party tonight
- Noire Miami weekend guide: Lyric Live, Jazz in the Gardens Pop Up Party, Second Saturdays Art Walk, and more
- Four popular spots around Miami you didn’t know were black-owned
- Jazz in the Gardens Foodie-Focus event serves up the best of the festival's Food Village
- Love Life and the 411: Scandal watch party Thursday, plenty of Flow on Friday
- Noire Miami's food, music, and wine weekend edition
- Love, Life, and the 411 - Soldiers of Love
- Love, Life, and the 411: Week of Feb 7th
- Noire Miami's Pre-Valentine's Day and First Friday events to do this weekend in South Florida
- Noire Miami's Ultimate 2014 Black History Month guide of events throughout South Florida