Louis Vuitton Opens in Design District
The Louis Vuitton Design District store opens with much fanfare.
Louis Vuitton Design District
170 NE 40th Street, Design District
Illustrious graffiti? Check. Well-heeled revelers and free-flowing bubbly? Check, check. Live beats? Absolument! The talk-of-the-town grand opening soiree of the Louis Vuitton Design District store on the eve of Thursday, Oct. 18, proved to be quite the over-the-top affair with a guest list boasting the President and CEO of Louis Vuitton North America Valérie Chapoulaud-Floquet and Miami’s socialites and influencers.
In celebration of the opening, the French Maison commissioned famed Los Angeles-based graffiti writer Marquis Lewis, known as RETNA, to paint a mural on the store’s façade. In fact, this is the first time Louis Vuitton has ever commissioned an artist to create an original work on one of its storefronts. “It is an honor to work with Louis Vuitton. Louis Vuitton has a deep appreciation for art and the creative process,” RETNA says. “Using their store’s exterior as a canvas for street art is exceptional and truly inspiring for me as an artist,” he adds.
The new Design District door offers a unique experience for shoppers. The main entrance possesses a specialized Travel Room teeming with classic trunks, luggage and travel-specific accessories — ideal for bon vivants. Replete with antique Parisian furniture, the ground floor houses a curated selection of men’s and women’s leathergoods, ready-to-wear, shoes, fashion jewelry, eyewear and textiles. A private salon on the second floor — voilà — exudes a more intimate experience for clients, also featuring RETNA. Très magnifique!
- Lilly Pulitzer Opens First Miami Store
- History Meets Home Décor at Bonnin Ashley
- Diane von Furstenberg Opens New Boutique
- Chic Fitness Brand ALALA Debuts at Six:02
- Meet Versona, Miami’s New One-Stop Shop for Style
- VINCE Opens at Village of Merrick Park
- Vanity Projects Brings Luxury Nail Art to the 305
- Jason of Beverly Hills Dazzles the Design District
- Wynwood Letterpress Opens with Handmade Charm
- Warby Parker Annex Finds New Home in Wynwood