Lou's Beer Garden's 3rd Annual MicroBrew Beer Cookoff Sunday, Sept. 16
Professional chefs & home brewers compete for a trip to Key West
There's still time to enter Lou Beer Garden's 3rd Annual MicroBrew Beer Cookoff, taking place from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. Sunday, September 16. Rules are simple: "Your dish must inclued micro-brewed beer as one of the ingredients. Other than that, there are no other requirements. You can create an appetizer, entree, dessert or tapas. You must love your dish and really stand by it." Grand prize is a two-night stay in Key West during Fantasy Fest. Click here for a look at last year's contest and email firstname.lastname@example.org to enter no later than Friday, September 14. For those who don't cook and just want to observe, taste and have a say in the voting, just show up.
As for your competition, some of the entrant's dishes include: Arrogant Pork Belly with Bastard Sauce; vanilla creme brulee with Breckenridge Vanilla porter; seafood chelada; oatmeal porter and black currant bread pudding; and beer battered fish tacos.
WHAT YOU NEED TO PROVIDE?
Please bring enough food (Dixie cup size) for 100 tastings. The more people who try your dish, the more votes you will get.
WHAT WE WILL PROVIDE
We will provide one table (2’ x 2 ½ ’) and a sterno or chafing dish for your presentation. You must bring your food. You will not be permitted to use our kitchen for any warm-ups. We will provide Dixie cups, forks, spoons and napkins for tastings. (NO electrical or gas hook-ups allowed).
The judging will take place by the 5 celebrity judges (each have one vote) and the people’s choice (1 vote). 6 votes will determine the winner.
1st Prize, 2 tickets to the Key West Brew Fest + 2 night stay at Duval Gardens on Duval Street in Key West over Labor Day.
2nd prize, $100 Gift Certificate at Williams Sonoma.
3rd prize, $100 gift certificate at Lou’s Beer Garden
WHAT TIME TO ARRIVE AND SET UP
Guests and judges will start arriving at 5pm and the tastings will begin.
Please arrive by 4:30 to set up.
The Winners will be announced once all the participants are judged.
- Vikram Katoch appointed new executive chef at Bianca
- Restaurant-season slowdown hits Miami
- Caviar launches Miami delivery service from Blue Collar, Miami Smokers and more
- BBQ night at Harry's Pizzeria
- Munch, munch, pass: 4/20 dinner sparks up at Eating House in Coral Gables
- Lindsay Autry, Xavier Torres, Todd Erickson, Jason Pringle, & Richard Hales to compete in Cochon 555
- Phuc-in Yay! Phuc Yea! Vietnamese pop-up to go permanent mid-May
- Coya Miami opening Thursday, February 19
- 3.5 star review can't keep 27 open; Broken Shaker, restaurant shut temporarily at Freehand
- Wynwood Diner opening in March