Lou's Beer Garden named one of Esquire's Best Bars in America
North Beach hops-happy hideaway is hot, says Esquire
Joining 11 other esteemed watering holes in the country is Lou's Beer Garden, chosen by Esquire’s drinks correspondent, David Wondrich, as one of the nation’s best places to have a drink. Described as " tropical Williamsburg, a depiction sure to piss off both Lou and Brooklyn," Lou's joins NYC's The Bar at the NoMad Hotel, Houston's Anvil Bar & Refuge, and Seattle's Rob Roy, among others. With two of the best bars Wondrich says he's ever been to in the country, Milwaukee was named Esquire’s “Bar City of the Year 2012."
- David's Cafe on Collins closing after 37 years
- Blackbrick Brings on the Brunch
- Pubbelly introduces PB Fish, a seafood pop-up at PB Steak starting April 8
- AQ by Acqualina, featuring Dewey LoSasso & Hiro's Yakko San
- Mansion morphing into "Miami-style country western line dancing" club with Blue Collar's Danny Serfer serving "large plates"
- Las Olas hot spot American Social opening in ex Waxy O'Connor's space
- Allen Susser's Daily Melt grilling the cheese up in Fort Lauderdale on April 1
- Brewery Ommegang's HopChef competition heads to Miami in April
- Nina Compton cooks at Swine Southern Table & Bar on April 24
- Loba, "Latin spice and Southern Comfort" coming to Biscayne Blvd.