Discover a sexy French newcomer on Brickell
638 S Miami Ave, Miami
The goods: Lou Lou is a sweet bistro in the old Indochine space, a sliver of a spot on South Miami Avenue. Owner Jacques Ardisson (Indochine, Moonchine) is bringing traditional French cooking to Brickell, complete with a wine list by former Palme D’Or sommelier Sebastian Verrier.
Ambience: Stylish, vintage French, with crystal chandeliers, brass-framed mirrors scrawled with daily specials and red leather bar stools.
The grub: A Parisian-style bistro dishes like crispy duck confit, mussels Provençales and steak frites. Prices are moderate: starters are $7-$12, sandwiches average $11, and most mains are under $25. The $15 lunch special includes a choice of appetizer, entrée and dessert.
Start off with escargot bathed in garlic and butter sauce before moving on to classics like salad topped with duck confit or a croquet monsieur. The two-egg omelet plated with foie gras-slathered toast is a decadent take on a breakfast staple. Steak frites is made with a hefty 12-ounce rib-eye, while briny moule frites are cooked in a classic white wine sauce and served with a side of crispy fries. Sides include a rustic ratatouille and a vegetable gratin.
Verdict: A sexy French newcomer on Brickell with a wallet-friendly lunch special.
- Buns & Buns serves up bread-based dishes with gastropub leanings in South Miami
- The Prime112 team unveils seafood-centric Prime Fish on South Beach
- Take a "First Look" at 15 Steps: Farm-to-table eats at the Eden Roc
- Chef-owner Rocco Carulli brings R House, a lounge-gallery-restaurant, to Wynwood
- Nothing But the Best delivers elegant simplicity in Brickell
- Fashion designer Roberto Cavalli opens his first Miami restaurant on South Beach
- Seasalt and Pepper brings upscale Mediterranean seafood to the Miami River
- The Quattro & Segafredo teams open Via Verdi Cucina Rustica on Biscayne
- Sugarcane chef Timon Balloo and the Sushisamba restaurant group open Bocce Bar in Midtown
- Bourbon Steak Chef Michael Mina gets clubby with Michael Mina 74 at the Fontainebleau