Lou Dobbs is back
Lou Dobbs, who left CNN exactly a year go in a fuss over his strident views on immigration, has signed a deal with the Fox Business Network. He'll host a program starting early next year and wil...
Lou Dobbs, who left CNN exactly a year go in a fuss over his strident views on immigration, has signed a deal with the Fox Business Network. He'll host a program starting early next year and will appear on various other shows on the network.
Though there was widespread speculation at the time of his resignation that Dobbs would head for Fox News or Fox Business, officials at the two networks also shrugged it off, saying there had been no talks. The timing of Wednesday's announcement suggests Dobbs' CNN contract may have had a noncompete clause that kept him off rival cable-news nets.
How many viewers Dobbs will draw to Fox Business, which three years after its launch still mostly lags behind chief competitor CNBC, is an open question.
-- GLENN GARVIN
On Our Radar
- Five reasons to not give up on the Miami Heat
- Boo Madea star Tyler Perry: I don't like Halloween
- Florida has better taste in Halloween candy than most other states, says survey
- Phil Collins: 'I don’t like Miami particularly'
- DJ Irie gets put in the hot seat this Saturday at his own celebrity roast
- King Tide floods the streets of South Florida
- Jose Fernandez may get his own Miami street
- Orange is the New Black star gets her drink on
- Where to get hurricane updates without a TV
- Leonardo DiCaprio, Mark Ruffalo at “Before the Flood” screening