Lots o Lobster
It’s summer time and the eating is good. This week we’re craving lobster – lots of it.
It’s summer time and the eating is good. This week we’re craving lobster – lots of it. Luckily, specials abound…
Mondays head to the Grove for Calamari’s Monday lobster feast. From 5pm to closing, enjoy a 1 ¼ Maine lobster served on a bed of linguine in a light spicy tomato sauce for $19.95.
Calamari: 3540 Main Highway, Coconut Grove; 305-441-0219
Tuesdays it’s all about Tobacco Road. Sip at least two drinks and get access to arguably the best lobster deal in town. $12.49 buys you a 1 ¼ Maine lobster with garlic mashed potatoes and slaw.
Tobacco Road: 626 South Miami Ave, Miami; 305-374-1198
Wednesdays head to the Beach for Clarke’s July & August weekly special. Drop $25 and enjoy a 1 1/5lb Maine lobster, corn on the cob, potato salad and cole slaw.
Clarke’s: 840 First St, Miami Beach, 305-538-9885
Come the weekend, consider going a bit more highbrow. Smith & Wollensky serves up three courses of lobster indulgence now through Labor Day. They aren’t cheap, but items like lobster salad ($9), lobster mac & cheese ($16) and surf & turf ($59) whet the appetite.
Smith & Wollensky: 1 Washington Ave, Miami Beach; 305-673-2800
Miami Spice brings lobster to the menu courtesy of Homard Banana (roasted Maine lobster with caramelized banana, brown butter & cilantro-lime sauce) at Blue Door and Taste of Lobster (poached in brown butter served with potato skins & spinach coulis) at Neomi’s Grill.
Blue Door at the Delano: 1695 Collins Ave, Miami Beach; 305-674-6400
Neomi’s Grill: 18001 Collins Ave, Sunny Isles Beach; 305-692-5770
- What's the Best? 5 Miami Coffee Shops
- Truffles and caviar on menu at Haven craft beer dinner in Miami Beach
- Brew in Miami: Buckets of craft beer at Pubbelly in Miami Beach
- Two stars for Tap 79's affordable and comforting pub fare
- Interactive brunch benefits United Way of Miami-Dade
- Beer here: Boulevard Brewing expands distribution to Florida
- Scott Conant of Scarpetta to open restaurant in Turnberry Isle in Aventura
- Zuma partners to open Tamarina restaurant in Miami
- Temple Kitchen, a shrine to plant-based foods, opens in South Miami
- D'Tako Market serves fresh Mexican fare in Sunny Isles