Lots of athletes in town for big Miami weekend
World-ranked No. 2 tennis champion Vika Azarenka had dinner last week at db Bistro Moderne without boyfriend Redfoo, formerly of the group LMFAO. The champ watched what she ordered in anticipation of the Sony Open, ordering a plate high in nutrients to get her prepared. Later in the week Redfoo was spotted going into Azarenka’s hotel room at the JW Marriott Marquis Miami with a USB cord. A few hours later, he tweeted that he had a brand-new track called Heart of a Champion. Golfer Rory McIlroy and his girlfriend tennis player Caroline Wozniacki had dinner Thursday night at Morton’s The Steakhouse on Brickell. She had the small filet mignon and he had the 24-ounce bone-in rib eye.
Michael Phelps was also spotted in town, swimming at the Fontainebleau and palling around town at Story nightclub with DJ Steve Aoki, who was seen Tuesday at Serafina restaurant at the Dream South Beach.
On Our Radar
- 3 rare pre-embargo Cuban cigars to buy in Miami
- How to get the celebrity bikini body you crave
- Luis Guzman in Miami: Spanish is easier than French
- Miami artist Becky Rosa unveils massive public art installation at Wynwood gallery
- Antonio Banderas: I have an attachment to Miami
- Runway Reviews from Miami Fashion Week 2016
- Do you live in one of the most stressed out places in Florida?
- Gwen Stefani's having trouble selling tickets for tour
- Miami Fashion Week arrives with new celebs and a fresh vision
- 5 things to know about 2 Chainz