Lots of athletes in town for big Miami weekend
World-ranked No. 2 tennis champion Vika Azarenka had dinner last week at db Bistro Moderne without boyfriend Redfoo, formerly of the group LMFAO. The champ watched what she ordered in anticipation of the Sony Open, ordering a plate high in nutrients to get her prepared. Later in the week Redfoo was spotted going into Azarenka’s hotel room at the JW Marriott Marquis Miami with a USB cord. A few hours later, he tweeted that he had a brand-new track called Heart of a Champion. Golfer Rory McIlroy and his girlfriend tennis player Caroline Wozniacki had dinner Thursday night at Morton’s The Steakhouse on Brickell. She had the small filet mignon and he had the 24-ounce bone-in rib eye.
Michael Phelps was also spotted in town, swimming at the Fontainebleau and palling around town at Story nightclub with DJ Steve Aoki, who was seen Tuesday at Serafina restaurant at the Dream South Beach.
On Our Radar
- Justin Bieber settles paparazzo lawsuit
- Sara Bareilles to headline gala
- Boca Raton's Ariana Grande splits from rapper
- Bryan "Birdman" Williams pays up
- Luis Miguel takes a bath in real estate deal
- Michael Buble's Instagram post criticized
- Estefans’ star search is over for ‘On Your Feet’
- Artist Romero Britto sues Apple
- Dave Chappelle parties, Bow Wow holds court
- Mario Lopez serves as grand marshal at Miami Beach Gay Pride parade