Los Premios Juventud brings out the stars
Selena Gomez, Wilder Valderrama, Sammy Sosa and more walk the blue carpet.
Enrique Iglesias is indeed going to water ski naked -- not that any of his fans will
The Madrid-born crooner told the BBC back in June that he would strip down to his
birthday suit and water ski in Biscayne Bay if Spain won the World Cup.
"A bet's a bet," Iglesias said Thursday night at Univisión's Premios Juventud (Youth
Awards) at the Bank United Center in Coral Gables. "But when I do, it will be late at
night when no one else can see it."
Why not show it all off? Actually, Julio Iglesias' 35-year-old son is a little paranoid
about his physique.
"I don't know who would want to see me naked," he said, laughing. "There's a lot of
women with pretty bad taste."
On Friday morning's Today show, Iglesias bemoaned his "chicken legs."
Why are we not noticing this?
Also at the awards: famed right fielder Sammy Sosa, looking like his old self.
Though he was never a New York Yankee, the former MLB star was grieving the loss of
owner George Steinbrenner, who died earlier this week.
"It was sad news, it was breaking my heart. He was one of the owners that never let
you lose, he was a fighter. He was a man who loved to win."
Other celebs walking the blue carpet: Wilmer Valderrama, who flew in from L.A. to present
Shakira with the Supernova award. "I'm very proud to be here for her as a fellow
Venezuelan-Colombian," said the Miami native. "I'm a Colombian at heart."
Also fans of Shakira, Disney princesa Selena Gomez and her Ramona & Beezus costar Joey
King. "We want to see her do the Waka Waka!'' they screamed.
On Our Radar
- Jose Fernandez fans get a chance to say goodbye today
- Miami mourns the loss of Marlins pitcher Jose Fernandez
- Shane Battier and his annual Battioke brings out NBA stars
- Barbara Streisand coming to Miami area before the holidays
- Moet bottle made just for Miami champagne lovers
- Khloe Kardashian shows off her new boyfriend in Miami
- Kim Kardashian's midnight tanning session in Miami
- 'Selma' star David Oyelowo in Miami
- Donald Trump and Kanye West to Cause Traffic Kerfuffle in Miami
- Vogue with Madonna at Art Basel