Lorena Garcia's one-night only 'pop-up' December 1 at Johnson & Wales
Taco Bell chef pops up at her alma mater
Lorena Garcia has potted up in all sorts of places---on TV, in Miami International Airport and, most recently, Taco Bell, but on December 1, she'll appear at her alma mater, Johnson & Wales University in North Miami for a four-coures dinner she will prepare with help from some students. Cost is $89 for food only or $149 for the "VIP option," which includes the dinner with wine pairings, a meet and greet with the chef, cocktail hour, mixologist challenge, and signed copy of Lorena Garcia's New Latin Classics cookbook.
- David's Cafe on Collins closing after 37 years
- Blackbrick Brings on the Brunch
- Pubbelly introduces PB Fish, a seafood pop-up at PB Steak starting April 8
- AQ by Acqualina, featuring Dewey LoSasso & Hiro's Yakko San
- Mansion morphing into "Miami-style country western line dancing" club with Blue Collar's Danny Serfer serving "large plates"
- Las Olas hot spot American Social opening in ex Waxy O'Connor's space
- Allen Susser's Daily Melt grilling the cheese up in Fort Lauderdale on April 1
- Brewery Ommegang's HopChef competition heads to Miami in April
- Nina Compton cooks at Swine Southern Table & Bar on April 24
- Loba, "Latin spice and Southern Comfort" coming to Biscayne Blvd.