Look good for the new year
New year, new you? One would hope. As we swing into 2011, many of us are forced to think about the big picture -- and our big bodies. Yup, time to start dieting again.
New year, new you? One would hope.
First step: Look to the celebs as a guide.
Take Jennifer Hudson, who went from flab to fab as evidenced most recently on Dick Clark's Rockin' New Year's Eve show. She credits Weight Watchers for bringing her from a size 16 to a size 6. ``Being skinny, it's a job!'' the now svelte singer has said. ``It's not easy.''
You can hear other how-we-shed-it stories from stars when ABC News airs an hourlong special Primetime: Celebrity Weight Loss -- What Really Happens at 10 p.m. Wednesday. The show features interviews with such scale specialists as Skinny Girl cookbook author Bettheny Frankel; fad diet queen Ricki Lake, who has staved off obesity for 15 years; and former Playmate-turned-reality star Kendra Wilkinson, who is still trying to burn off the baby weight.
More help comes in the form of the book The F Factor Diet, by the Miss Universe pageant's dietitian Tanya Zuckerbrot, whose fans include Rachael Ray and Lo Bosworth.
Zuckerbrot is all about the ``F,'' as in fiber. She says that we just aren't eating enough of it (the American Dietetic Association recommends a person get 20 to 25 grams of the zero-calorie stuff a day and we get maybe 10).
What's so great about fiber? Found in whole grain breads and cereals, beans and veggies, it's heaven for your digestive tract and best of all, fills you up. Hunger is not your friend.
-- MADELEINE MARR
On Our Radar
- Fifth Harmony has a Miami connection
- Vape shops popping up everywhere
- Watch model Charlotte McKinney enjoy Miami during Swim Week in 20 seconds
- Eva Mendes personal appearance in Aventura
- Folk Night At MOCA
- Love story part 2: Ryan O' Neal, Ali McGraw together again
- Maxim debuts its first swimwear collection at Miami Swim Week
- South Beach Seafood Festival Announces Participating Restaurants & VIP Sweepstakes
- Reality stars at Miami Swim Week
- Hollywood couple, boxer at Maxim Swim Week event