Look up! Despicable Me blimp taking flight
If you look up on Sunday you may see a big old blimp emblazoned with the image of a one-eyed yellow creature. Don't worry, it's just a Minion; Universal Pictures and Illumination Entertainment’s Despicable Me 2 Despicablimp has begun its journey across the U.S. and Miami becomes a stop.
Cruising at an average height of 1,000 feet, the Despicablimp is 165-foot-long and is shaped like one of the jabbering, pill-shaped beings featured in Universal Pictures' "Despicable Me" franchise, starring Steve Carell's voice as a mad scientist who becomes a father for the first time. The sequel is out July 3.
Weather permitting, Sunday from 8am-10a at North Perry Airport 101 SW 77th Way Pembroke Pines. 12-2pm – Meet / Greet with Minions & Earth Day event at Gulfstream Park at Hallandale Beach.
It will also makes its way over the Telemundo Latin Billboards awards on Thursday, April 25 over the Bank United Center in Coral Gables.
On Our Radar
- Paris Hilton to DJ Saturday night at WALL
- Madonna concert dates in Miami changed
- Christina Milian models in Miami Beach
- What's up with Ryan Tannehill's mega contract?
- Instacart: An easier way to get groceries?
- Tony Romo eats his way through Miami
- Phil Collins in town
- Adrian Grenier guest of honor at magazine party
- Kings of Chaos at Hard Rock Live
- Joe Pepitone biopic penned by local screenwriters