Look up! Despicable Me blimp taking flight
If you look up on Sunday you may see a big old blimp emblazoned with the image of a one-eyed yellow creature. Don't worry, it's just a Minion; Universal Pictures and Illumination Entertainment’s Despicable Me 2 Despicablimp has begun its journey across the U.S. and Miami becomes a stop.
Cruising at an average height of 1,000 feet, the Despicablimp is 165-foot-long and is shaped like one of the jabbering, pill-shaped beings featured in Universal Pictures' "Despicable Me" franchise, starring Steve Carell's voice as a mad scientist who becomes a father for the first time. The sequel is out July 3.
Weather permitting, Sunday from 8am-10a at North Perry Airport 101 SW 77th Way Pembroke Pines. 12-2pm – Meet / Greet with Minions & Earth Day event at Gulfstream Park at Hallandale Beach.
It will also makes its way over the Telemundo Latin Billboards awards on Thursday, April 25 over the Bank United Center in Coral Gables.
On Our Radar
- Miami Dolphins watch party at EPIC pool
- Former Gators quarterback: What I like about Miami
- Nicki Minaj called out by mental health group for Miami Beach incident
- Why Miami will be glad to see 2016 end, in gifs
- A Year in Pitbull
- Kylie and Kendall Jenner seen all over Miami for Art Basel
- Bon Jovi puts on private concert for SiriusXM in Miami Beach
- Sarah Jessica Parker gets her Basel on for the first time
- Cheech Marin is promoting a new ‘substance’ in Miami
- Heidi Klum: She’s an artist, too