London's Coya opening on Brickell
Venture capitalist and Zuma backer Arjun Waney's Mayfair hotspot to open in Miami
Arjun Waney, the venture capitalist behind Zuma, among many other restaurants, is opening a branch of his Peruvian London hot spot Coya in a brand new space at 999 Brickell Ave.
The Mayfair restaurant has a ceviche bar, a pisco bar specializing in "bespoke pisco infusions," and a menu of classic Peruvian fare. Miami's will be similar, though with no Japanese influences.
"Miami’s Coya restaurant will transport you to the heart of Latin America. Coya will feature a contemporary Peruvian cuisine, alongside an extensive Pisco bar. Art, music and culture will come together from all over Latin America," its GM Anthony Guinehut told us.
Too close for comfort to reigning Brickell area Peruvian spot La Mar by Gaston Acurio?
There's time to tell: Coya won't be opening anytime soon.
- Former Miami restaurant owner Joshua Woodward pleaded no contest Friday to attempted murder for trying to induce a miscarriage
- Jose Garces planning Miami restaurant
- Update: CANCELED Brooklyn's Pies 'n' Thighs pops up at the Mondrian
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz is out at the Raleigh Hotel on South Beach
- Raleigh on the sale rack and Restaurant Michael Schwartz out?
- Luther Campbell hosts dinner party at Mignonette on November 11
- Chef Jeremiah & Roel Alcudia team up on gastroDobo, a 1-night Filipino pop-up in Wynwood
- GK Bistronomie bringing 'globally inspired Peruvian' cuisine to Wynwood
- Habit Burger opens in Miami, donates first-week proceeds to charity
- 'Chopped' champ Mathias Gervais opening modern Asian restaurant at The Setai