London's Coya opening on Brickell
Venture capitalist and Zuma backer Arjun Waney's Mayfair hotspot to open in Miami
Arjun Waney, the venture capitalist behind Zuma, among many other restaurants, is opening a branch of his Peruvian London hot spot Coya in a brand new space at 999 Brickell Ave.
The Mayfair restaurant has a ceviche bar, a pisco bar specializing in "bespoke pisco infusions," and a menu of classic Peruvian fare. Miami's will be similar, though with no Japanese influences.
"Miami’s Coya restaurant will transport you to the heart of Latin America. Coya will feature a contemporary Peruvian cuisine, alongside an extensive Pisco bar. Art, music and culture will come together from all over Latin America," its GM Anthony Guinehut told us.
Too close for comfort to reigning Brickell area Peruvian spot La Mar by Gaston Acurio?
There's time to tell: Coya won't be opening anytime soon.
- Golden Fig opening to the public July 27
- Hyde Beach Kitchen+Cocktails coming to Hallandale Beach later this summer
- Chef Allen Susser delivers a sustainable seafood dinner
- Wapo Taco! opening Coral Gables location Friday July 10 with free tacos & beer
- Golden Fig farmhouse restaurant opening late summer in ex OTC space
- Pierre's, Morada Beach Cafe off the market with new executive chef, Ishmael Toro
- Dinner at La Savina at Mondrian out; Brooklyn's Momo Sushi Shack 'pop-up' in
- Ted's at YoungArts closed
- LGBT Night at Dos Caminos
- OTC closes in Brickell after 3-year run