London's Coya opening on Brickell
Venture capitalist and Zuma backer Arjun Waney's Mayfair hotspot to open in Miami
Arjun Waney, the venture capitalist behind Zuma, among many other restaurants, is opening a branch of his Peruvian London hot spot Coya in a brand new space at 999 Brickell Ave.
The Mayfair restaurant has a ceviche bar, a pisco bar specializing in "bespoke pisco infusions," and a menu of classic Peruvian fare. Miami's will be similar, though with no Japanese influences.
"Miami’s Coya restaurant will transport you to the heart of Latin America. Coya will feature a contemporary Peruvian cuisine, alongside an extensive Pisco bar. Art, music and culture will come together from all over Latin America," its GM Anthony Guinehut told us.
Too close for comfort to reigning Brickell area Peruvian spot La Mar by Gaston Acurio?
There's time to tell: Coya won't be opening anytime soon.
999 Brickell Ave., Miami
- Michael Schwartz's Fi'lia opens in Brickell next week
- Brazil's 24/7 French bistro Paris 6 opening October 24 on Miami Beach
- Mignonette opening second location in ex-Gourmet Diner space on Biscayne
- Ferran Adrià, Jorge Muñoz, Aaron Mulliss & Nick Beardshaw in Miami for Estrella Damm Gastronomy Congress
- Soyka's second act: Miami restaurateur to open first restaurant in 15 years
- Big name chefs heading to Hyde Beach on September 22 for Hunger Action Month
- Ex Milos chef to head up kitchen at Miami River Greek spot, KIKI on the River
- Rick Bayless restaurant Red O opening in downtown Miami next summer
- Where sushi blends old world and new on South Beach
- Top 5 Arepas in Miami from Yelp