London's Coya opening on Brickell
Venture capitalist and Zuma backer Arjun Waney's Mayfair hotspot to open in Miami
Arjun Waney, the venture capitalist behind Zuma, among many other restaurants, is opening a branch of his Peruvian London hot spot Coya in a brand new space at 999 Brickell Ave.
The Mayfair restaurant has a ceviche bar, a pisco bar specializing in "bespoke pisco infusions," and a menu of classic Peruvian fare. Miami's will be similar, though with no Japanese influences.
"Miami’s Coya restaurant will transport you to the heart of Latin America. Coya will feature a contemporary Peruvian cuisine, alongside an extensive Pisco bar. Art, music and culture will come together from all over Latin America," its GM Anthony Guinehut told us.
Too close for comfort to reigning Brickell area Peruvian spot La Mar by Gaston Acurio?
There's time to tell: Coya won't be opening anytime soon.
- Juvia's Japanese sibling Sushi Garage opens in Miami's Sunset Harbor 'hood
- Now open: Coconut Grove's Spasso--"Simple, honest, brutal food"
- Food Network UK star Andy Bates brings "refined British pub food" to A&E District with 3-day pop up
- Blair Wilson, Mike Isabella, Jennifer Carroll, George Pagnois headline Surfcomber food fest
- The Bridge Cocktail Bar's December takeover of The Local Craft Food & Drink
- Kevin Cory transforms NAOE sibling into N Shabu Shabu
- Alinea in Residence comes to Miami: Chef Grant Achatz to pop up at Faena Miami Beach
- Former Miami restaurant owner Joshua Woodward pleaded no contest Friday to attempted murder for trying to induce a miscarriage
- Jose Garces planning Miami restaurant
- Update: CANCELED Brooklyn's Pies 'n' Thighs pops up at the Mondrian