London's Coya opening on Brickell
Venture capitalist and Zuma backer Arjun Waney's Mayfair hotspot to open in Miami
Arjun Waney, the venture capitalist behind Zuma, among many other restaurants, is opening a branch of his Peruvian London hot spot Coya in a brand new space at 999 Brickell Ave.
The Mayfair restaurant has a ceviche bar, a pisco bar specializing in "bespoke pisco infusions," and a menu of classic Peruvian fare. Miami's will be similar, though with no Japanese influences.
"Miami’s Coya restaurant will transport you to the heart of Latin America. Coya will feature a contemporary Peruvian cuisine, alongside an extensive Pisco bar. Art, music and culture will come together from all over Latin America," its GM Anthony Guinehut told us.
Too close for comfort to reigning Brickell area Peruvian spot La Mar by Gaston Acurio?
There's time to tell: Coya won't be opening anytime soon.
- Tobacco Road goes adrift: A Miamian's lament of historic bar's corporate partnership
- Pascal Oudin's Brasserie Central opening soon at Merrick Park
- From 1826 to 50 Eggs: Danny Grant to helm 'two new concepts' for John Kunkel's growing culinary empire
- Exclusive! Top Chef Masters' Patricia Yeo is Khong River House's new executive chef
- Japanese speakeasy BLK Orchid opening at Townhouse Hotel Oct. 17
- Coyo Taco Wynwood opening mid November
- Kris Wessel's A.I.R. near Lincoln Road closing after less than 2 months
- Miami Smokers opening retail shop & deli in Little Havana
- Chef Jeremiah's swinesational P.I.G. 5 lineup announced!
- Tickets now on sale for LUCKYRICE Festival's 5th Anniversary by Bombay Sapphire East and hosted by Masaharu Morimoto