London's Coya opening on Brickell
Venture capitalist and Zuma backer Arjun Waney's Mayfair hotspot to open in Miami
Arjun Waney, the venture capitalist behind Zuma, among many other restaurants, is opening a branch of his Peruvian London hot spot Coya in a brand new space at 999 Brickell Ave.
The Mayfair restaurant has a ceviche bar, a pisco bar specializing in "bespoke pisco infusions," and a menu of classic Peruvian fare. Miami's will be similar, though with no Japanese influences.
"Miami’s Coya restaurant will transport you to the heart of Latin America. Coya will feature a contemporary Peruvian cuisine, alongside an extensive Pisco bar. Art, music and culture will come together from all over Latin America," its GM Anthony Guinehut told us.
Too close for comfort to reigning Brickell area Peruvian spot La Mar by Gaston Acurio?
There's time to tell: Coya won't be opening anytime soon.
- The Local Craft Food & Drink launches new menu at open-to-public party tonight
- Morimoto South Beach launches $65 'Greatest Hits' menu
- Vikram Katoch appointed new executive chef at Bianca
- Restaurant-season slowdown hits Miami
- Caviar launches Miami delivery service from Blue Collar, Miami Smokers and more
- BBQ night at Harry's Pizzeria
- Munch, munch, pass: 4/20 dinner sparks up at Eating House in Coral Gables
- Lindsay Autry, Xavier Torres, Todd Erickson, Jason Pringle, & Richard Hales to compete in Cochon 555
- Phuc-in Yay! Phuc Yea! Vietnamese pop-up to go permanent mid-May
- Coya Miami opening Thursday, February 19