London's Coya opening on Brickell
Venture capitalist and Zuma backer Arjun Waney's Mayfair hotspot to open in Miami
Arjun Waney, the venture capitalist behind Zuma, among many other restaurants, is opening a branch of his Peruvian London hot spot Coya in a brand new space at 999 Brickell Ave.
The Mayfair restaurant has a ceviche bar, a pisco bar specializing in "bespoke pisco infusions," and a menu of classic Peruvian fare. Miami's will be similar, though with no Japanese influences.
"Miami’s Coya restaurant will transport you to the heart of Latin America. Coya will feature a contemporary Peruvian cuisine, alongside an extensive Pisco bar. Art, music and culture will come together from all over Latin America," its GM Anthony Guinehut told us.
Too close for comfort to reigning Brickell area Peruvian spot La Mar by Gaston Acurio?
There's time to tell: Coya won't be opening anytime soon.
999 Brickell Ave., Miami
- How to get gourmet clean eating in South Beach
- RIP Randazzo's Little Italy in Coral Gables
- Who has Miami's favorite acai bowls? Yelp! weighs in
- Tap 42 opening second Miami location in ex-Aperio space in Midtown
- Nibble + Squeak dining club for "parents with pipsqueaks" launches in Miami August 24 at Mignonette
- The Rumor Mill: Murmurs of more Miami restaurant, market closings and chef firings . . .
- 305 Brews beer and coffee bar opening in August in Midtown Miami
- Alex Chang leaves The Vagabond, which will re-debut with new chef, new name
- Food Network chef Ben Vaughn joins Swine Southern Table & Bar for 2-month takeover
- Michael Pirolo, Aaron Brooks & Niven Patel join Kaytlin Brakefield on 3-course collab