Locust Projects' annual Smash & Grab fundraiser on Saturday
Expand your art collection and raise money for Locust Projects at the arts space's signature Smash & Grab fundraiser.
Locust Projects will enter its 15th year of bringing cutting-edge art exhibitions and installations to Miami. Saturday the art space holds its annual Smash & Grab fundraiser, an art raffle where ticketholders wait anxiously to get their hands on one of 115 works donated by artists to support Locust Projects' mission.
Participants can start working on their wish lists from Oct. 20-26, when the works that will be up for grabs will be on display. The event itself takes place on Saturday, Oct. 27 and attendees who buy a ticket (which will run them $450) are guaranteed to walk away with a work of art. Raffle tickets will be called at random throughout the night, giving the ticketholder the chance to quickly make their selection. Contributing artists include Carlos Bentancourt, Justin Beal, Sean Dack, Karl Haendel, Marie Lorenz, Jillian Mayer, Emmett Moore, Johannes VanDerBeek, and Agustina Woodgate. Locust Projects Executive Director Chana Sheldon affirms to the press that the pieces are top notch: "The quality of the artwork we received this year truly demonstrates that artists and galleries recognize the importance of an organization such as Locust Projects in the community."
For those that have no more wall space for another work of art (and those who can't afford a $450 ticket), the party is still a go. Just buy one of the general admission tickets for $50 and watch the artistic mayhem unfold around you. There will (of course) be wine and other drink choices plus cupcakes and pizza to keep things entertaining.
Locust Projects' Smash & Grab fundraiser
Saturday, Oct. 27 from 6:30-9:30 p.m.
3852 N. Miami Ave., Miami
Tickets $425 members, $450 non-members, $50 general admission
www.locustprojects.org or 305-576-8570
See and Do
- 20 great parks, 20 great outings
- Cauley Square is a hidden gem in Miami
- Instagram photos that prove that Biscayne National Park is a dazzling gem
- Check out these 5 events during Downtown Art Days
- 5 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - Aug 26-28
- 'Star Wars' marathon at the Olympia Theater
- 'Psychic Match' star Deborah Graham talks about finding real love at Books & Books
- Public art to hunt down in Brickell and Downtown
- Surreal dance stories from Cuba
- Comic Iliza Shlesinger to bring her wit and wisdom to West Palm Beach