Local's accessories are popular with celebs like Nicki Minja
A Miami Beach resident has a bevy of A-listers wearing her sexy and bold creations.
South Beach resident Anna Mixon is just 21-years-old and already the young designer has managed to get a bevy of A-listers as clients.Nicki Minaj, Hayley Williams, Adrian Grenier, and Maria Bello are some of the stars who have been spotted in her eponymous accessory line called Mixon by Anna Mixon.
Launched just a year ago, Mixon was originally making jewelry for herself and friends until the requests came pouring in.“Complete strangers would ask me where did I buy the jewelry I was wearing,” said Mixon. “One time someone asked to buy the piece [right] off me-- then it hit me I should make my jewelry available for the public," said Mixon. Her ornate chain creations range from a leg garter to head gear to army candy. “I use a lot of silver and some gold as well," said Mixon. The shape of a woman’s body inspires her sexy and bold pieces. “I want my jewelry to complement every curve,” she said. Her most popular piece: a bracelet that wraps around the entire hand. “I think because it draws attention to the beauty of a woman's hand and can be worn on any occasion,” said Mixon. Her pieces retail from $100 and up and are available at Lace Beauty Lab in South Beach and online at Vintagemavens.com, smashingdarling.com and annamixon.com
- How to Get in Swimsuit Shape for Summer
- Miami Boutique Launches Spring Collection
- Hawaiian Tropic Looking for Brand Ambassador
- Boho Boutique is all Budget Friendly
- Trendy Miami Chain Expands
- Top Model Opens Miami Boutique
- New Miami Boutique Hosts Mother's Day Sale
- New Line of Miami-Made Unisex Tees Launches
- Vintage Fashion Show & Shopping Event
- Fashion Heats Up