Local woman on Food Network's new show Sugar Dome
Focuses on sweets
Got a sweet tooth? This show's for you.
Artists of all types team up for a one-of-a-kind competition to create the most jaw-dropping displays on earth in the new series Sugar Dome, which premiered in November.
Each week, three teams comprised of artists from different disciplines enter the Sugar Dome to battle it out and create never-before-seen, food art masterpieces.
Cake designers and sugar artists team up with professional fruit carvers, graffiti artists, sand sculptors and more for a yummy rollercoaster ride to compete for the champion title and a $15,000 prize.
Hosted by award-winning TV host David Bull, the contest is judged by distinguished pastry chef and cake designer Paulette Goto (Unique Sweets, Jacques Torres Chocolates) and acclaimed pastry chef Pichet Ong (Sugar and Plumm) as well as a rotating guest judge including actress Monica Potter, Motocross champion Nate Adams and costume designer Randall Christensen.
In one episode over the course of the series, animatronics experts join forces with cake and sugar artists in a grueling challenge to create a work of art that captures the magic and danger of the legendary fire-breathing dragon. In another episode, teams of sweet artists and professional illustrators combine their talents to bring the world of Dr. Seuss to life.
Local woman Sandy Rios-Monsante’s episode's premiered Sunday, December 30th, at 8 pm. It's called “We’re Off to See the Wizard.”
The description: "Cake artists, sugar artists, and a Hollywood costume designer work together in a whimsical battle to create edible displays inspired by The Wizard of Oz. Their creations illustrate Dorothy’s incredible journey down the yellow brick road, filled with munchkins, witches, flying monkeys and all the magic of Oz."
"My signature dish is Rose Champagne Cake with White Chocolate Ganache," she says, adding, "It was an amazing experience, met great people and had plenty of fun working as a team and putting all our skills to the test."
On Our Radar
- Jose Fernandez fans get a chance to say goodbye today
- Miami mourns the loss of Marlins pitcher Jose Fernandez
- Shane Battier and his annual Battioke brings out NBA stars
- Barbara Streisand coming to Miami area before the holidays
- Moet bottle made just for Miami champagne lovers
- Khloe Kardashian shows off her new boyfriend in Miami
- Kim Kardashian's midnight tanning session in Miami
- 'Selma' star David Oyelowo in Miami
- Donald Trump and Kanye West to Cause Traffic Kerfuffle in Miami
- Vogue with Madonna at Art Basel