Local woman appears on Bravo's 'Below Deck'
Bravo is changing things up with its new reality show, Below Deck, premiering 10 p.m. Monday. This cast is barely on land for filming, so as you can expect, things get a little, um, turbulent. The cameras follow the crew of Honor, a 164 foot Benetti charter yacht sailing the Caribbean Sea around St. Martin.
The drama doesn’t come from hair pulling or husband stealing. There are conflicts among the fellow shipmates. “None of us knew each other before, and we walked on to this boat and instantly, it was showtime,” says second steward Kat Held, currently based in Fort Lauderdale (the blond in the picture).
“When you had a problem with someone you either had to hold it inside or talk to that person but you never knew how they were going to react. We were living and working together in very tight quarters.”
Various episodes will also feature eccentric, affluent guests who pay up to $250,000 to charter the floating hotel. “People just have so much money, and they would come on with insane demands, like one couple wanted to get married like, tomorrow. They had no rings, no music, no food, nothing planned. We quickly had to get our acts together. There was an extreme amount of chaos and a lot of work.” But there was some play involved, right? “I’m a bit of party girl,” admits the Rhode Island native, 29. “During the time of filming last summer I was recently single, and I was really living it up. There are ways to de-stress in situations and me, I like to party. I have an inkling that part may have come through more than I would have liked. I’m a little nervous.”
On Our Radar
- Florida girl Megan Fox: Miami has changed so much
- South Florida's Johnny Depp in divorce drama
- Win a ride on the Flying Cucumber blimp on June 2
- 5 Colombian locations in Miami that Seleccion Colombia should visit
- Did your name make the list of names for the 2016 Hurricane Season?
- Blac Chyna slams body shamers
- Tracy Morgan: I feel good
- How to Do Miami Like These 9 Celebs
- Brett Ratner back home in Miami Beach
- Dance pop singer Erika Jayne performing in Wynwood