Local tryouts being held for reality show Fashion Star
Are you next to win?
H&M and host Elle Macpherson may have bowed out of the second season of NBC reality show Fashion Star, but the show is forging ahead, casting its second season from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Thursday, July 28, at Macy's downtown store at 22 E. Flagler St. In its premiere season, the show crowned Kara Laricks the first winner of Fashion Star. Laricks wowed mentors Jessica Simpson, Nicole Richie and John Varvatos and won more than $6 million in collection deals with Macy’s, Saks Fifth Avenue and H&M. Her clothes are currently on sale at those retailers. To be considered, bring two to 10 pieces of original, ready-to-wear designs and a portfolio. Good luck with that!
On Our Radar
- Wilmer Valderrama in Miami
- Vanilla Ice headed to the Design District?
- Thrive Seminar, Nelson Foundation will award local entrepreneur $10,000 on Thursday on Miami Beach
- Comedian Jo Koy at Magic City Casino
- Want to get gorgeous fast? Glamsquad is one solution
- Puff Daddy and pals to take stage at Fontainebleau
- Miami Marlins star Giancarlo Stanton single & looking
- Brandon Flowers cancels Fillmore concert
- Zac Efron makes surprise visit to Regal, spins at Grand Central
- Ice Cube and co in town for 'Straight Outta Compton'