Local tryouts being held for reality show Fashion Star
Are you next to win?
H&M and host Elle Macpherson may have bowed out of the second season of NBC reality show Fashion Star, but the show is forging ahead, casting its second season from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Thursday, July 28, at Macy's downtown store at 22 E. Flagler St. In its premiere season, the show crowned Kara Laricks the first winner of Fashion Star. Laricks wowed mentors Jessica Simpson, Nicole Richie and John Varvatos and won more than $6 million in collection deals with Macy’s, Saks Fifth Avenue and H&M. Her clothes are currently on sale at those retailers. To be considered, bring two to 10 pieces of original, ready-to-wear designs and a portfolio. Good luck with that!
On Our Radar
- Score tickets for concert at Microsoft store opening
- Will and Jaden Smith get photobombed at Heat game
- Luis Fonsi is engaged to model Agueda López
- Wendy Williams giving out advice at Books and Books
- Kris Humphries swarmed by fans in Miami Beach
- New Disney store to open at Bayside Marketplace
- Cat Daddy Jackson Galaxy coming to Books and Books
- Michael Schwartz goes family style at The Raleigh
- Bryan Adams to perform at Olympia Theater
- Will and Jaden Smith to appear on red carpet