Local tryouts being held for reality show Fashion Star
Are you next to win?
H&M and host Elle Macpherson may have bowed out of the second season of NBC reality show Fashion Star, but the show is forging ahead, casting its second season from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Thursday, July 28, at Macy's downtown store at 22 E. Flagler St. In its premiere season, the show crowned Kara Laricks the first winner of Fashion Star. Laricks wowed mentors Jessica Simpson, Nicole Richie and John Varvatos and won more than $6 million in collection deals with Macy’s, Saks Fifth Avenue and H&M. Her clothes are currently on sale at those retailers. To be considered, bring two to 10 pieces of original, ready-to-wear designs and a portfolio. Good luck with that!
On Our Radar
- One Direction loves Florida, records concert special
- Celebrity spotting in Miami
- What did most Miamians search for in 2014?
- See Fort Lauderdale native Jason Kennedy tie the knot
- Fleetwood Mac drummer Mick Fleetwood showcases his photography
- Ne-Yo plays Santa Claus in Kendall
- Rosario Dawson in Miami to talk new movie
- Diner en Blanc lands on Miami Beach
- Annie stars in Miami
- Shakira's mansion reportedly back on the market