Local tryouts being held for reality show Fashion Star
Are you next to win?
H&M and host Elle Macpherson may have bowed out of the second season of NBC reality show Fashion Star, but the show is forging ahead, casting its second season from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Thursday, July 28, at Macy's downtown store at 22 E. Flagler St. In its premiere season, the show crowned Kara Laricks the first winner of Fashion Star. Laricks wowed mentors Jessica Simpson, Nicole Richie and John Varvatos and won more than $6 million in collection deals with Macy’s, Saks Fifth Avenue and H&M. Her clothes are currently on sale at those retailers. To be considered, bring two to 10 pieces of original, ready-to-wear designs and a portfolio. Good luck with that!
On Our Radar
- Glamorous red carpet for Miss Universe
- Amber Rose makes a splash in Miami
- Shannen Doherty talks new reality show
- Brazilian soccer star keeps the party going
- Joanna Krupa suing fellow Housewives star
- Magic Johnson at book appearance
- Justin Bieber misses another hearing
- Local attorney helps Linda Hogan
- Geraldine Chaplin to make rare appearance
- Sports Illustrated swimsuit cover model Nina Agdal shares exercise tips for the new year