Local tryouts being held for reality show Fashion Star
Are you next to win?
H&M and host Elle Macpherson may have bowed out of the second season of NBC reality show Fashion Star, but the show is forging ahead, casting its second season from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Thursday, July 28, at Macy's downtown store at 22 E. Flagler St. In its premiere season, the show crowned Kara Laricks the first winner of Fashion Star. Laricks wowed mentors Jessica Simpson, Nicole Richie and John Varvatos and won more than $6 million in collection deals with Macy’s, Saks Fifth Avenue and H&M. Her clothes are currently on sale at those retailers. To be considered, bring two to 10 pieces of original, ready-to-wear designs and a portfolio. Good luck with that!
On Our Radar
- Wilmer Valderrama will judge Calle Ocho fashion show
- John Turturro to be honored at MIFF
- Cadillac V-series Challenge puts pro golfers, VIPs on the fast track at Homestead-Miami Speedway
- Oprah's Fisher Island home sells again
- Shirley MacLaine to appear at Miami International Film Fest
- Beckhams won't move into Versace mansion
- Celeb spotting: Prime 112 sees a lot of action
- Emilio Estefan movie to have world premiere
- Kim Kardashian's ex husband sells home
- Boca Raton sixth-grader has dog shampoo in Oscars bag