Local teams up with celebs for tornado relief
South Florida philanthropist Arthur E. Benjamin has announced the national launch of a celebrity social media campaign with TV personality Melissa Rivers and actress Taryn Manning (Hustle & Flow) to raise funds for animal rescue efforts and disaster relief in Moore, Okla. Benjamin, who lives in Delray Beach, is the founder of the American Dog Rescue Foundation, a nonprofit finding homes for adoptable dogs in the United States. He will match a portion of funds collected on www.AnimalTornadoRelief.com and donate it to the Central Oklahoma Humane Society. “It breaks my heart to see the devastation,” says Rivers. “Join me in helping these animals get back on their feet and back in their homes where they belong.”
On Our Radar
- Rick Ross celebrates 10 years of 'Port of Miami'
- 5 reasons why everyone should watch Premios Tu Mundo
- Ricky Martin in Miami Beach with Maluma
- Armand Assante remembers 'Mambo Kings' premiere
- Zika cases found in Miami Beach, pregnant women warned to stay away by CDC
- Kanye West's Life of Pablo pop up shop in Miami
- Miami hurdler Brianna Rollins rules!
- Disney princess Aimee Carrero a Miami girl
- Are Anna Kournikova and Enrique Iglesias married?
- 6 things to do so you don't get Zika