Local teams up with celebs for tornado relief
South Florida philanthropist Arthur E. Benjamin has announced the national launch of a celebrity social media campaign with TV personality Melissa Rivers and actress Taryn Manning (Hustle & Flow) to raise funds for animal rescue efforts and disaster relief in Moore, Okla. Benjamin, who lives in Delray Beach, is the founder of the American Dog Rescue Foundation, a nonprofit finding homes for adoptable dogs in the United States. He will match a portion of funds collected on www.AnimalTornadoRelief.com and donate it to the Central Oklahoma Humane Society. “It breaks my heart to see the devastation,” says Rivers. “Join me in helping these animals get back on their feet and back in their homes where they belong.”
On Our Radar
- Christina Milian models in Miami Beach
- What's up with Ryan Tannehill's mega contract?
- Instacart: An easier way to get groceries?
- Tony Romo eats his way through Miami
- Phil Collins in town
- Adrian Grenier guest of honor at magazine party
- Kings of Chaos at Hard Rock Live
- Joe Pepitone biopic penned by local screenwriters
- Talking to Beyonce's fitness guru Marco Borges
- Condo dwellers affected by Jonah Hill movie