Local teams up with celebs for tornado relief
South Florida philanthropist Arthur E. Benjamin has announced the national launch of a celebrity social media campaign with TV personality Melissa Rivers and actress Taryn Manning (Hustle & Flow) to raise funds for animal rescue efforts and disaster relief in Moore, Okla. Benjamin, who lives in Delray Beach, is the founder of the American Dog Rescue Foundation, a nonprofit finding homes for adoptable dogs in the United States. He will match a portion of funds collected on www.AnimalTornadoRelief.com and donate it to the Central Oklahoma Humane Society. “It breaks my heart to see the devastation,” says Rivers. “Join me in helping these animals get back on their feet and back in their homes where they belong.”
On Our Radar
- Jennifer Lopez to perform free concert at Bayfront Park in support of Hillary Clinton
- Which Miami neighborhood will be the next to be ‘Art-Washed’?
- Five reasons to not give up on the Miami Heat
- Larsa and Scottie Pippen to divorce after 19 years
- Boo Madea star Tyler Perry: I don't like Halloween
- Florida has better taste in Halloween candy than most other states, says survey
- Phil Collins: 'I don’t like Miami particularly'
- DJ Irie gets put in the hot seat this Saturday at his own celebrity roast
- King Tide floods the streets of South Florida
- Jose Fernandez may get his own Miami street