Local teams up with celebs for tornado relief
South Florida philanthropist Arthur E. Benjamin has announced the national launch of a celebrity social media campaign with TV personality Melissa Rivers and actress Taryn Manning (Hustle & Flow) to raise funds for animal rescue efforts and disaster relief in Moore, Okla. Benjamin, who lives in Delray Beach, is the founder of the American Dog Rescue Foundation, a nonprofit finding homes for adoptable dogs in the United States. He will match a portion of funds collected on www.AnimalTornadoRelief.com and donate it to the Central Oklahoma Humane Society. “It breaks my heart to see the devastation,” says Rivers. “Join me in helping these animals get back on their feet and back in their homes where they belong.”
On Our Radar
- Justin Bieber joins Ariana Grande on stage
- Mariah Carey, Brett Ratner: birthday soulmates
- Ian Somerhalder supports fiancee at event
- David Beckham canvasing Miami again?
- Paris Hilton on the red carpet
- Kathie Lee Gifford at Boca Bachannal
- Ex Real Housewives of Miami star arrested
- Local chef a contestant on 'Hell's Kitchen'
- Big Bang Theory star Jim Parsons in Miami
- Dan Aykroyd making stops in Broward