Local teams up with celebs for tornado relief
South Florida philanthropist Arthur E. Benjamin has announced the national launch of a celebrity social media campaign with TV personality Melissa Rivers and actress Taryn Manning (Hustle & Flow) to raise funds for animal rescue efforts and disaster relief in Moore, Okla. Benjamin, who lives in Delray Beach, is the founder of the American Dog Rescue Foundation, a nonprofit finding homes for adoptable dogs in the United States. He will match a portion of funds collected on www.AnimalTornadoRelief.com and donate it to the Central Oklahoma Humane Society. “It breaks my heart to see the devastation,” says Rivers. “Join me in helping these animals get back on their feet and back in their homes where they belong.”
On Our Radar
- Celebrity doctor's Grove home sells
- Miami teen hits the big time
- Inside details of Sofia Vergara's wedding
- DWTS cast members will present SWAY: A Dance Trilogy at Olympia Theater
- Trey Songz and friends spend the day giving back.
- Recap: Miami.com Experience - Pop-Up Dinner at Bocce with Sugarcane
- Tiger Woods' ex holds dinner in Palm Beach
- Jamaican pop star OMI at club opening
- Miami's (wannabe) adopted son David Beckham is 'Sexiest Man'
- Influence Miami at Bakehouse Art Complex