Local tattoo artist in 'Ink Master' finals
Katherine “Tatu Baby” Flores is ready for whatever Ink Master throws her way. The Hialeah based tattoo artist, 25, is a finalist on the Spike TV competition. “I think I’m going to surprise everybody and surprise myself,” says Flores, whose studio, A Thousand Virgin Ink, is in Kendall. The Queens, N.Y., native who moved to South Florida at the age of 7 is no newbie to this Dave Navarro-hosted reality show. She came in fourth on Season 2, and America voted her back for Season 3. The $100,000 prize would come in handy. “I’d love to have a bigger studio, expand and invest,” says Flores, who graduated from Felix Varela Senior High School. “I really can’t think beyond that right now.” Flores, who specializes in photo realism, also can’t think about the amount of tattoos she has on her body. “Wow. Too many to count!”
Watch the two-hour live finale starting at 9 p.m. Tuesday.
On Our Radar
- Wilmer Valderrama in Miami
- Vanilla Ice headed to the Design District?
- Thrive Seminar, Nelson Foundation will award local entrepreneur $10,000 on Thursday on Miami Beach
- Comedian Jo Koy at Magic City Casino
- Want to get gorgeous fast? Glamsquad is one solution
- Puff Daddy and pals to take stage at Fontainebleau
- Miami Marlins star Giancarlo Stanton single & looking
- Brandon Flowers cancels Fillmore concert
- Zac Efron makes surprise visit to Regal, spins at Grand Central
- Ice Cube and co in town for 'Straight Outta Compton'