Local tattoo artist in 'Ink Master' finals
Katherine “Tatu Baby” Flores is ready for whatever Ink Master throws her way. The Hialeah based tattoo artist, 25, is a finalist on the Spike TV competition. “I think I’m going to surprise everybody and surprise myself,” says Flores, whose studio, A Thousand Virgin Ink, is in Kendall. The Queens, N.Y., native who moved to South Florida at the age of 7 is no newbie to this Dave Navarro-hosted reality show. She came in fourth on Season 2, and America voted her back for Season 3. The $100,000 prize would come in handy. “I’d love to have a bigger studio, expand and invest,” says Flores, who graduated from Felix Varela Senior High School. “I really can’t think beyond that right now.” Flores, who specializes in photo realism, also can’t think about the amount of tattoos she has on her body. “Wow. Too many to count!”
Watch the two-hour live finale starting at 9 p.m. Tuesday.
On Our Radar
- A Year in Pitbull
- Sarah Jessica Parker gets her Basel on for the first time
- Cheech Marin is promoting a new ‘substance’ in Miami
- Heidi Klum: She’s an artist, too
- Fidel Castro is dead. Miami's Cuban exiles celebrate.
- Andy Cohen talks about celebrity gossip in latest book
- Report: An 'exhausted' Kanye West cancels tour, is hospitalized
- Singer Kesha in Miami for charity
- Fifth Harmony singer Lauren Jauregui comes out in letter
- Marc Anthony splits with wife