Local tattoo artist in 'Ink Master' finals
Katherine “Tatu Baby” Flores is ready for whatever Ink Master throws her way. The Hialeah based tattoo artist, 25, is a finalist on the Spike TV competition. “I think I’m going to surprise everybody and surprise myself,” says Flores, whose studio, A Thousand Virgin Ink, is in Kendall. The Queens, N.Y., native who moved to South Florida at the age of 7 is no newbie to this Dave Navarro-hosted reality show. She came in fourth on Season 2, and America voted her back for Season 3. The $100,000 prize would come in handy. “I’d love to have a bigger studio, expand and invest,” says Flores, who graduated from Felix Varela Senior High School. “I really can’t think beyond that right now.” Flores, who specializes in photo realism, also can’t think about the amount of tattoos she has on her body. “Wow. Too many to count!”
Watch the two-hour live finale starting at 9 p.m. Tuesday.
On Our Radar
- Christina Milian models in Miami Beach
- What's up with Ryan Tannehill's mega contract?
- Instacart: An easier way to get groceries?
- Tony Romo eats his way through Miami
- Phil Collins in town
- Adrian Grenier guest of honor at magazine party
- Kings of Chaos at Hard Rock Live
- Joe Pepitone biopic penned by local screenwriters
- Talking to Beyonce's fitness guru Marco Borges
- Condo dwellers affected by Jonah Hill movie