Local tattoo artist in 'Ink Master' finals
Katherine “Tatu Baby” Flores is ready for whatever Ink Master throws her way. The Hialeah based tattoo artist, 25, is a finalist on the Spike TV competition. “I think I’m going to surprise everybody and surprise myself,” says Flores, whose studio, A Thousand Virgin Ink, is in Kendall. The Queens, N.Y., native who moved to South Florida at the age of 7 is no newbie to this Dave Navarro-hosted reality show. She came in fourth on Season 2, and America voted her back for Season 3. The $100,000 prize would come in handy. “I’d love to have a bigger studio, expand and invest,” says Flores, who graduated from Felix Varela Senior High School. “I really can’t think beyond that right now.” Flores, who specializes in photo realism, also can’t think about the amount of tattoos she has on her body. “Wow. Too many to count!”
Watch the two-hour live finale starting at 9 p.m. Tuesday.
On Our Radar
- Jennifer Lopez to perform free concert at Bayfront Park in support of Hillary Clinton
- Adele lends voice in support of Hillary Clinton in Miami
- Udonis Haslem opens Starbucks in Miami
- Which Miami neighborhood will be the next to be ‘Art-Washed’?
- Five reasons to not give up on the Miami Heat
- Larsa and Scottie Pippen to divorce after 19 years
- Boo Madea star Tyler Perry: I don't like Halloween
- Florida has better taste in Halloween candy than most other states, says survey
- Phil Collins: 'I don’t like Miami particularly'
- DJ Irie gets put in the hot seat this Saturday at his own celebrity roast