Local tattoo artist in 'Ink Master' finals
Katherine “Tatu Baby” Flores is ready for whatever Ink Master throws her way. The Hialeah based tattoo artist, 25, is a finalist on the Spike TV competition. “I think I’m going to surprise everybody and surprise myself,” says Flores, whose studio, A Thousand Virgin Ink, is in Kendall. The Queens, N.Y., native who moved to South Florida at the age of 7 is no newbie to this Dave Navarro-hosted reality show. She came in fourth on Season 2, and America voted her back for Season 3. The $100,000 prize would come in handy. “I’d love to have a bigger studio, expand and invest,” says Flores, who graduated from Felix Varela Senior High School. “I really can’t think beyond that right now.” Flores, who specializes in photo realism, also can’t think about the amount of tattoos she has on her body. “Wow. Too many to count!”
Watch the two-hour live finale starting at 9 p.m. Tuesday.
On Our Radar
- Rick Ross celebrates 10 years of 'Port of Miami'
- 5 reasons why everyone should watch Premios Tu Mundo
- Ricky Martin in Miami Beach with Maluma
- Armand Assante remembers 'Mambo Kings' premiere
- Zika cases found in Miami Beach, pregnant women warned to stay away by CDC
- Kanye West's Life of Pablo pop up shop in Miami
- Miami hurdler Brianna Rollins rules!
- Disney princess Aimee Carrero a Miami girl
- Are Anna Kournikova and Enrique Iglesias married?
- 6 things to do so you don't get Zika