Local singer survives on 'X Factor'
She impressed Simon Cowell
Simon Cowell has spoken.
The almighty judge of The X Factor chose the four bands who will get to compete in the show's "Groups" category when the third season's live shows begin later this month. Cowell's selections ended the Fox reality competition's new Four Chair Challenge Round.
Drum roll, please: Of the four bands Simon selected, Sweet Suspense, we've got local representation in the form of Miss Celine Polenghi, a 16-year-old from Key Biscayne.
"It's very overwhelming, in a good way," Celine says on the show's website, thexfactorusa.com. "I'm still nervous. I don't think I've really fathomed it all yet. I'm so excited, it's so surreal."
Her idol? Judge Demi Lovato, whom Celine's looked up to since the star's Camp Rock days.
Celine is a junior at Carrolton School of the Sacred Heart and grew up on the Key, studying at the island’s Center Tone Music School. She and the other SS members originally auditioned separately but the judges put them together to form a group. Sweet suspense is right! They will compete against the 12 artists who were previously selected in the "Girls," "Boys," "Over 25s" categories.
On Our Radar
- Ian Somerhalder supports fiancee at event
- David Beckham canvasing Miami again?
- Paris Hilton on the red carpet
- Kathie Lee Gifford at Boca Bachannal
- Ex Real Housewives of Miami star arrested
- Local chef a contestant on 'Hell's Kitchen'
- Big Bang Theory star Jim Parsons in Miami
- Dan Aykroyd making stops in Broward
- Scott Disick set to appear at Crazy Horse in Pompano Beach
- Toni Braxton meets up with the Wades at benefit