Local pastor marries Kim Kardashian, Kanye West
Wedding in Florence
How random is this?
Rich Wilkerson Jr., a pastor from North Miami, flew halfway across the world to bring together the most overpublicized couple on the planet, Kim Kardashian and Kanye West.
People.com reports Wilkerson performed Saturday's ceremony at stunning Fort di Belvedere in Florence, Italy. More local ties: Part time Miamian Andrea Bocelli sang as Kim was walked down the aisle by stepfather Bruce Jenner.
The handsome priest, whose father is also revered in in the religious community, Tweeted that he was headed to Paris, but didn't specify a reason. (In a bold move, K&K threw a rehearsal dinner at Versailles Friday night then flew all their guests to the Italian city Saturday morning. Wowza.)
How this came to be: Sources tells the magazine Kimye met Wilkerson, senior pastor at the Trinity Church in Miami Gardens, on one of their many, many, many .... trips to South Florida.
According to his website, the vous.com, Rich and his wife, Dawn, are also the leaders of The Rendezvous, a weekly gathering for young adults at Trinity Church.
We're sensing Jr's services will be called upon more often very shortly.
On Our Radar
- David Beckham canvasing Miami again?
- Paris Hilton on the red carpet
- Kathie Lee Gifford at Boca Bachannal
- Ex Real Housewives of Miami star arrested
- Local chef a contestant on 'Hell's Kitchen'
- Big Bang Theory star Jim Parsons in Miami
- Dan Aykroyd making stops in Broward
- Scott Disick set to appear at Crazy Horse in Pompano Beach
- Toni Braxton meets up with the Wades at benefit
- Sir Richard Branson takes in Formula E