Local pastor marries Kim Kardashian, Kanye West
Wedding in Florence
How random is this?
Rich Wilkerson Jr., a pastor from North Miami, flew halfway across the world to bring together the most overpublicized couple on the planet, Kim Kardashian and Kanye West.
People.com reports Wilkerson performed Saturday's ceremony at stunning Fort di Belvedere in Florence, Italy. More local ties: Part time Miamian Andrea Bocelli sang as Kim was walked down the aisle by stepfather Bruce Jenner.
The handsome priest, whose father is also revered in in the religious community, Tweeted that he was headed to Paris, but didn't specify a reason. (In a bold move, K&K threw a rehearsal dinner at Versailles Friday night then flew all their guests to the Italian city Saturday morning. Wowza.)
How this came to be: Sources tells the magazine Kimye met Wilkerson, senior pastor at the Trinity Church in Miami Gardens, on one of their many, many, many .... trips to South Florida.
According to his website, the vous.com, Rich and his wife, Dawn, are also the leaders of The Rendezvous, a weekly gathering for young adults at Trinity Church.
We're sensing Jr's services will be called upon more often very shortly.
On Our Radar
- Shane Battier and his annual Battioke brings out NBA stars
- Barbara Streisand coming to Miami area before the holidays
- Moet bottle made just for Miami champagne lovers
- Khloe Kardashian shows off her new boyfriend in Miami
- Kim Kardashian's midnight tanning session in Miami
- 'Selma' star David Oyelowo in Miami
- Donald Trump and Kanye West to Cause Traffic Kerfuffle in Miami
- Vogue with Madonna at Art Basel
- Kourtney Kardashian in Miami with Scott Disick
- Kanye West's five weirdest (and greatest) stories of 2016 (so far)