Local pastor marries Kim Kardashian, Kanye West
Wedding in Florence
How random is this?
Rich Wilkerson Jr., a pastor from North Miami, flew halfway across the world to bring together the most overpublicized couple on the planet, Kim Kardashian and Kanye West.
People.com reports Wilkerson performed Saturday's ceremony at stunning Fort di Belvedere in Florence, Italy. More local ties: Part time Miamian Andrea Bocelli sang as Kim was walked down the aisle by stepfather Bruce Jenner.
The handsome priest, whose father is also revered in in the religious community, Tweeted that he was headed to Paris, but didn't specify a reason. (In a bold move, K&K threw a rehearsal dinner at Versailles Friday night then flew all their guests to the Italian city Saturday morning. Wowza.)
How this came to be: Sources tells the magazine Kimye met Wilkerson, senior pastor at the Trinity Church in Miami Gardens, on one of their many, many, many .... trips to South Florida.
According to his website, the vous.com, Rich and his wife, Dawn, are also the leaders of The Rendezvous, a weekly gathering for young adults at Trinity Church.
We're sensing Jr's services will be called upon more often very shortly.
On Our Radar
- Donald Trump spends Turkey Day in Florida
- Michael B Jordan in Miami talking 'Creed'
- Actor named honorary president of Miami Fashion Week
- Are Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie coming to Art Basel?
- Celebrity doctor's Grove home sells
- Miami teen hits the big time
- Inside details of Sofia Vergara's wedding
- DWTS cast members will present SWAY: A Dance Trilogy at Olympia Theater
- Trey Songz and friends spend the day giving back.
- Recap: Miami.com Experience - Pop-Up Dinner at Bocce with Sugarcane