Local pastor marries Kim Kardashian, Kanye West
Wedding in Florence
How random is this?
Rich Wilkerson Jr., a pastor from North Miami, flew halfway across the world to bring together the most overpublicized couple on the planet, Kim Kardashian and Kanye West.
People.com reports Wilkerson performed Saturday's ceremony at stunning Fort di Belvedere in Florence, Italy. More local ties: Part time Miamian Andrea Bocelli sang as Kim was walked down the aisle by stepfather Bruce Jenner.
The handsome priest, whose father is also revered in in the religious community, Tweeted that he was headed to Paris, but didn't specify a reason. (In a bold move, K&K threw a rehearsal dinner at Versailles Friday night then flew all their guests to the Italian city Saturday morning. Wowza.)
How this came to be: Sources tells the magazine Kimye met Wilkerson, senior pastor at the Trinity Church in Miami Gardens, on one of their many, many, many .... trips to South Florida.
According to his website, the vous.com, Rich and his wife, Dawn, are also the leaders of The Rendezvous, a weekly gathering for young adults at Trinity Church.
We're sensing Jr's services will be called upon more often very shortly.
On Our Radar
- Florida has better taste in Halloween candy than most other states, says survey
- Phil Collins: 'I don’t like Miami particularly'
- DJ Irie gets put in the hot seat this Saturday at his own celebrity roast
- King Tide floods the streets of South Florida
- Jose Fernandez may get his own Miami street
- Orange is the New Black star gets her drink on
- Where to get hurricane updates without a TV
- Leonardo DiCaprio, Mark Ruffalo at “Before the Flood” screening
- What's closed in Miami because of Hurricane Matthew
- La La Anthony in Miami trying out cocktails