Local pastry chef to appear on 'Sweet Genius'
Watch pastry chef Max Santiago go to work 10 p.m. Thursday on Sweet Genius.
The Food Network show stars eccentric cake master Ron Ben Israel overseeing four souls struggling to create desserts with often bizarre mandatory mystery ingredients a la Chopped (e.g., mushrooms) as well as funky inspirations (e.g., origami). The one who melts Israel’s mouth the most nets $10,000.
Santiago, pictured at right, has had stints at The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, Tuyo and Gansevoort Miami Beach and is currently at Valentino’s in Fort Lauderdale.
On Our Radar
- LeBron Voyage: A Fond Miami Farewell to LeBron James, a Legend Off the Court, Too
- Jenny McCarthy brings 'Dirty' show to Magic City Casino
- Shark Tank investor swims into Miami
- Pampering event with celebrity stylist
- LeBron James to meet with Heat front office
- U.S. soccer players kick it at the Clevelander Hotel
- Warren Sapp tip flap
- Clevelander Hotel hosts homecoming party for U.S. soccer players Jozy Altidore, Damarcus Beasley and Fabian Johnson on Sunday
- Soccer star Alex Morgan gets her kicks in Miami Beach
- David Beckham H&M underwear ads released