Local pastry chef to appear on 'Sweet Genius'
Watch pastry chef Max Santiago go to work 10 p.m. Thursday on Sweet Genius.
The Food Network show stars eccentric cake master Ron Ben Israel overseeing four souls struggling to create desserts with often bizarre mandatory mystery ingredients a la Chopped (e.g., mushrooms) as well as funky inspirations (e.g., origami). The one who melts Israel’s mouth the most nets $10,000.
Santiago, pictured at right, has had stints at The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, Tuyo and Gansevoort Miami Beach and is currently at Valentino’s in Fort Lauderdale.
On Our Radar
- Chef gives tips on enjoying a unique July 4
- You're invited to Nordstrom's Beauty Bash
- Karent Sierra headed to jail (not really)
- Lil Wayne finally pays up
- Boca Raton native Ariana Grande: lots going on
- Target teams with Lauren Bush's Feed Project
- One Direction surprises fans on Miami Beach
- Band WAR playing at Magic City Casino
- Devil Wears Prada author coming to Aventura Mall
- Danish architect in town for groundbreaking in Grove