Local pastry chef to appear on 'Sweet Genius'
Watch pastry chef Max Santiago go to work 10 p.m. Thursday on Sweet Genius.
The Food Network show stars eccentric cake master Ron Ben Israel overseeing four souls struggling to create desserts with often bizarre mandatory mystery ingredients a la Chopped (e.g., mushrooms) as well as funky inspirations (e.g., origami). The one who melts Israel’s mouth the most nets $10,000.
Santiago, pictured at right, has had stints at The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, Tuyo and Gansevoort Miami Beach and is currently at Valentino’s in Fort Lauderdale.
On Our Radar
- Five reasons to not give up on the Miami Heat
- Florida has better taste in Halloween candy than most other states, says survey
- Phil Collins: 'I don’t like Miami particularly'
- DJ Irie gets put in the hot seat this Saturday at his own celebrity roast
- King Tide floods the streets of South Florida
- Jose Fernandez may get his own Miami street
- Orange is the New Black star gets her drink on
- Where to get hurricane updates without a TV
- Leonardo DiCaprio, Mark Ruffalo at “Before the Flood” screening
- What's closed in Miami because of Hurricane Matthew