Local pastry chef to appear on 'Sweet Genius'
Watch pastry chef Max Santiago go to work 10 p.m. Thursday on Sweet Genius.
The Food Network show stars eccentric cake master Ron Ben Israel overseeing four souls struggling to create desserts with often bizarre mandatory mystery ingredients a la Chopped (e.g., mushrooms) as well as funky inspirations (e.g., origami). The one who melts Israel’s mouth the most nets $10,000.
Santiago, pictured at right, has had stints at The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, Tuyo and Gansevoort Miami Beach and is currently at Valentino’s in Fort Lauderdale.
On Our Radar
- Heidi Klum: She’s an artist, too
- Fidel Castro is dead. Miami's Cuban exiles celebrate.
- Andy Cohen talks about celebrity gossip in latest book
- Report: An 'exhausted' Kanye West cancels tour, is hospitalized
- Singer Kesha in Miami for charity
- Fifth Harmony singer Lauren Jauregui comes out in letter
- Marc Anthony splits with wife
- Internet claps back at guy who yelled 'Trump!' in viral Starbucks video
- Lucie Arnaz to pay homage to her father Desi Arnaz
- Sting to play The Fillmore