Local pastry chef to appear on 'Sweet Genius'
Watch pastry chef Max Santiago go to work 10 p.m. Thursday on Sweet Genius.
The Food Network show stars eccentric cake master Ron Ben Israel overseeing four souls struggling to create desserts with often bizarre mandatory mystery ingredients a la Chopped (e.g., mushrooms) as well as funky inspirations (e.g., origami). The one who melts Israel’s mouth the most nets $10,000.
Santiago, pictured at right, has had stints at The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, Tuyo and Gansevoort Miami Beach and is currently at Valentino’s in Fort Lauderdale.
On Our Radar
- One Direction loves Florida, records concert special
- Celebrity spotting in Miami
- What did most Miamians search for in 2014?
- See Fort Lauderdale native Jason Kennedy tie the knot
- Fleetwood Mac drummer Mick Fleetwood showcases his photography
- Ne-Yo plays Santa Claus in Kendall
- Rosario Dawson in Miami to talk new movie
- Diner en Blanc lands on Miami Beach
- Annie stars in Miami
- Shakira's mansion reportedly back on the market