Local designer's creation seen on actress Missi Pyle on Oscars red carpet
Ecofriendly dress by Valentina Delfino
The Artist, Missi Pyle turned heads in a sexy turquoise hip hugger, which got points for being ecofriendly. Pyle was wearing the winner of the Red Carpet Green Contest, founded by James Cameron’s wife Suzy Amis. Pyle told E!’s Giuliana Rancic that the sustainable creation was made with an organic, cruelty-free silk (who knew silkworms suffered?), had recycled zippers and was pleated by hand. The designer is Valentina Delfino, a Venezuelan born student at Miami International University of Art & Design. You go girl! The 25-year-old was jetted out to L.A. for the occasion.
Music in Miami
- Flaming Lips' Wayne Coyne on their wild shows: 'Something like a Walt Disney cartoon meets Led Zeppelin'
- The Flaming Lips in Miami for House of Creatives Music Festival at the North Beach Bandshell
- Boy George performs in Miami weeks before his debut on 'The New Celebrity Apprentice'
- SunGhosts to perform at VetFest 2016, a concert dedicated to veterans
- Red Hot Chili Peppers coming to Miami
- R.E.M. bassist Mike Mills blurs the boundaries between rock and classical music
- Cee-Lo Green headlines the Adrienne Arsht Center's 10th Anniversary Concert
- 11 South Florida musical acts you should know
- Top 10 pop music concerts in South Florida
- Nu Deco Ensemble, Miami's 21st Century Orchestra, announces second season and it is massive