Two Miami Beach chefs win ‘Chopped’ on Food Network
Local chefs Adrienne Grenier and Giorgio Rapicavoli take home first prize
Adrienne Grenier, sous chef at Miami Beach’s 1500 Degrees, won $10,000 on the Tuesday, Jan. 17 episode of Chopped, a Food Network show hosted by Ted Allen.
Judges Chris Santos, Amanda Freitag and Maneet Chauhan proclaimed Grenier the winner of the episode entitled “Frozen Fries with That?”
Two weeks earlier, Miami chef Giorgio Rapicavoli (Chispa, 660 at the Anglers), took home the $10,000 top prize on Chopped. The 26-year-old bested two competitors in his romp, winning every round.
- South Beach sushi pop-up Prey puts invasive species on the menu at 1 Hotel & Homes
- The List: 10 best Miami foods with Batch Gastropub's Kevin Danilo
- 2 new Coral Gables restaurants opening this week: Trust & Co. and Ichimi
- Worth the drive: Clay Conley opens Grato restaurant in West Palm Beach
- A Top Chef's 10 favorite foods in Miami
- Former Zuma chef, manager to open KYU restaurant in Wynwood
- Kris Wessel to open barbecue joint in Miami's Little Haiti
- Is it worth it? Quality Meats Miami Beach debuts $64 Chicken Parm Pizza
- The List: 10 best South Florida restaurants according to Rick Mijares
- The List: A Ritz-Carlton chef's top Fort Lauderdale restaurants