Two Miami Beach chefs win ‘Chopped’ on Food Network
Local chefs Adrienne Grenier and Giorgio Rapicavoli take home first prize
Adrienne Grenier, sous chef at Miami Beach’s 1500 Degrees, won $10,000 on the Tuesday, Jan. 17 episode of Chopped, a Food Network show hosted by Ted Allen.
Judges Chris Santos, Amanda Freitag and Maneet Chauhan proclaimed Grenier the winner of the episode entitled “Frozen Fries with That?”
Two weeks earlier, Miami chef Giorgio Rapicavoli (Chispa, 660 at the Anglers), took home the $10,000 top prize on Chopped. The 26-year-old bested two competitors in his romp, winning every round.
- Where to eat great food, drink great wine and beer — and raise money
- Why the Hungry Black Man makes juice bar his pick of the week
- What this 'hungry black man' did after a 'dining while black' experience
- Taste Chinese, Mexican and Japanese in one bite — for one night only
- A vegetarian gastropub? It's coming to (where else?) South Beach
- Where you can taste a prize-winning doughnut in Miami
- These are Miami's most popular brunch spots, says Yelp
- Pollo Tropical wants you to cheat — on your chicken
- Three perfect words: Free chocolate croissants
- Burgers and beer in Brickell on National Cheeseburger Day