Two Miami Beach chefs win ‘Chopped’ on Food Network
Local chefs Adrienne Grenier and Giorgio Rapicavoli take home first prize
Adrienne Grenier, sous chef at Miami Beach’s 1500 Degrees, won $10,000 on the Tuesday, Jan. 17 episode of Chopped, a Food Network show hosted by Ted Allen.
Judges Chris Santos, Amanda Freitag and Maneet Chauhan proclaimed Grenier the winner of the episode entitled “Frozen Fries with That?”
Two weeks earlier, Miami chef Giorgio Rapicavoli (Chispa, 660 at the Anglers), took home the $10,000 top prize on Chopped. The 26-year-old bested two competitors in his romp, winning every round.
- BRIO celebrates National Ravioli Day with 50% off select dishes on March 18
- Swine celebrates its first anniversary with $5 burgers & $2 old fashioneds March 24
- 10th annual Deering Seafood Festival slated for March 30
- 660 at the Angler's updates weekend brunch
- I Know the Chef app delivers restaurant reservations, preferred seating & perks beginning March 13
- Chicago's Bar Toma debuts a pop-up brunch at Lorenzo on South Beach
- New restaurants coming to South Beach, Brickell
- St. Patrick's Day 2014: Where to toast the luck of the Irish this weekend
- Cecconi’s Miami Beach debuts a “4 to 7” happy hour Tuesday-Saturday
- Grille 401 debuts sushi & sake bar on Las Olas