Two Miami Beach chefs win ‘Chopped’ on Food Network
Local chefs Adrienne Grenier and Giorgio Rapicavoli take home first prize
Adrienne Grenier, sous chef at Miami Beach’s 1500 Degrees, won $10,000 on the Tuesday, Jan. 17 episode of Chopped, a Food Network show hosted by Ted Allen.
Judges Chris Santos, Amanda Freitag and Maneet Chauhan proclaimed Grenier the winner of the episode entitled “Frozen Fries with That?”
Two weeks earlier, Miami chef Giorgio Rapicavoli (Chispa, 660 at the Anglers), took home the $10,000 top prize on Chopped. The 26-year-old bested two competitors in his romp, winning every round.
- This man loves burgers so much he built a museum to them
- Their restaurants will be neighbors – so these top chefs cooked for each other
- Why ‘Top Chef’ brothers are opening their first restaurant together in Miami
- A Miami Book Fair event for 'Top Chef' fans, book lovers
- Forget cooking: Here's where to eat out for Thanksgiving
- Mignonette oyster dinner features Miami Book Fair author Rowan Jacobsen
- These food celebs, authors are coming to Miami this week
- Miami's favorite al fresco dining spots, according to Yelp
- Wiener (not the politician) gets spotlight at Wiener Bash
- Bands, drinks and Chipotle at Bayfront Park