Local chef wins Chopped
Giorgio Rapicavoli from Angler's
A hearty congrats goes out to Giorgio Rapicavoli. The chef at 660 at the Angler's has won Food Network's cut throat competition Chopped. Rapicavoli, 26, went head to head against two other pros on Tuesday night's episode, overseen by judges Chris Santos, Alex Guarnaschelli and Maneet Chauhan. His prize: $10,000. That's a lot of groceries. Giorgio grew up in Miami and is proud to bring home the win for the home team. 1500° sous chef Adrienne Grenier will compete on the Jan. 17 episode. Giorgio will do an appear at the South Beach Wine & Food Festival at the Grand Tasting Village Feb 27, According to his bio, the Miami native developed his talent at a "ripe age,'' winning numerous culinary competitions at his high school, with a senior year recipe competition landing him a scholarship to Johnson and Wales University. He later transferred to Florida International University's School of Hospitality Management. Did we mention he isn't hard on the eyes?
On Our Radar
- Zika cases found in Miami Beach, pregnant women warned to stay away by CDC
- Kanye West's Life of Pablo pop up shop in Miami
- Miami hurdler Brianna Rollins rules!
- Disney princess Aimee Carrero a Miami girl
- Are Anna Kournikova and Enrique Iglesias married?
- 6 things to do so you don't get Zika
- Refrain From Ever Becoming A Plastic Surgery Nightmare with Dr. Nassif's Beauty Tips
- Cristiano Ronaldo spied out in Miami
- Ex Housewife Ana Quincoces fails to win Next Food Network Star
- Gwen Stefani helps kid who was bullied during concert