Local chef wins Chopped
Giorgio Rapicavoli from Angler's
A hearty congrats goes out to Giorgio Rapicavoli. The chef at 660 at the Angler's has won Food Network's cut throat competition Chopped. Rapicavoli, 26, went head to head against two other pros on Tuesday night's episode, overseen by judges Chris Santos, Alex Guarnaschelli and Maneet Chauhan. His prize: $10,000. That's a lot of groceries. Giorgio grew up in Miami and is proud to bring home the win for the home team. 1500° sous chef Adrienne Grenier will compete on the Jan. 17 episode. Giorgio will do an appear at the South Beach Wine & Food Festival at the Grand Tasting Village Feb 27, According to his bio, the Miami native developed his talent at a "ripe age,'' winning numerous culinary competitions at his high school, with a senior year recipe competition landing him a scholarship to Johnson and Wales University. He later transferred to Florida International University's School of Hospitality Management. Did we mention he isn't hard on the eyes?
On Our Radar
- Music on Board brings EDM festival to Fort Lauderdale from Brazil
- Fort Lauderdale's Fish Tank Kings returns
- Wild and crazy guy: Steve O in town for shows
- Ben & Jerry’s Free Ice Cream Tasting
- Tax day cometh! Flo Rida pays his bill
- Joanna Krupa puts apartment up for sale
- Former 'Queer Eye' designer Thom Filicia lends his touch to new condo in Edgewater
- Key West company featured on 'The Profit'
- Miami Beach, Miami Gardens among nation’s most dangerous suburbs
- George Lopez talks 'Saint George' and 'Rio 2'