Local chef says no thank you to 'Chef Wanted' gig
Didn't want to leave
Chef Jouvens Jean, executive chef at Pierre’s at Morada Bay in Islamorada, won Thursday night’s season finale of Food Network’s Chef Wanted — and turned down the job. Jean decided to stay in Islamorada instead of taking his grand prize title of executive chef at Nikki Beach’s new Ibiza location. “We were so impressed by him, but we guess it was a little too far from home,” says Julie Fogel, Global PR and Communications Director for Nikki Beach Worldwide, who added, “However, it doesn’t mean the door is closed.” “While I was thrilled at and appreciative of the opportunity to work for such a prestigious company, I ultimately decided that it was best for me at this time to remain in South Florida where I could be closer to my father,” Jean said. “With Pierre’s, I have the chance to roll out an exciting new menu and be a part of revamping an iconic Florida Keys location. For me, this scenario is win-win-win, but I am grateful and honored to have been chosen.”
On Our Radar
- Are Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie coming to Art Basel?
- Celebrity doctor's Grove home sells
- Miami teen hits the big time
- Inside details of Sofia Vergara's wedding
- DWTS cast members will present SWAY: A Dance Trilogy at Olympia Theater
- Trey Songz and friends spend the day giving back.
- Recap: Miami.com Experience - Pop-Up Dinner at Bocce with Sugarcane
- Tiger Woods' ex holds dinner in Palm Beach
- Jamaican pop star OMI at club opening
- Miami's (wannabe) adopted son David Beckham is 'Sexiest Man'